thetedinator's As-built 240g System

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great pics and vids! Thanks for sharing!

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interested to see how you feel about the ARID in a few months. I considered it for my build, but stuck with pellets as I had success with them before.

Tank looks awesome :) Love that Goldflake.

OP
OP
thetedinator

thetedinator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. Since the first Clown started hosting in the RBTA almost every other Clown in the system has figured it out. I have a pretty big RBTA in some rock work (bigger than the one in the video and hard to photograph) and the largest Clown I have, a female ORA Premium Black Snowflake has started hosting in it. I will get pictures at some point.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks nice!

OP
OP
thetedinator

thetedinator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top down video tour of my 240g Valonia and Grape Algae system.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Enjoy

OP
OP
thetedinator

thetedinator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I shot this video after spending the day migrating control from my Apex Classic to the Apex 2016...not simple but not rocket science. I made the switch because I wanted to move to WAV pumps instead of the 7 year old Tunze power heads I had been using. I also replaced my TO pump with the Neptune Systems PMUP. I have not been running any of this long enough to be able to offer a review.

Any here is the video. Sort of longish...enjoy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OP
OP
thetedinator

thetedinator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Michael. Lost two Clownfish this week but that seems to have relaxed the tension between the fishes.

OP
OP
thetedinator

thetedinator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would update this thread on equipment changes I recently made to the system. Sorry...no pictures for this post.

The short version...I upgraded my Apex set-up to the Apex 2016. I now have the 2016 brain, 2 EB832, 5 WAV power heads and 1 PMUP for ATO. I am no longer running my 10 year old Tunze streams and I replaced a maxi-jet 4o0 with the PMUP.

In October there was an Apex deal where you could get the Apex 2016 plus 2 WAV pumps at discount. Then for the black Friday week there were deals to be had on WAV Starter kits, single WAVs, PMUP and EB832. I ended up buying a WAV starter kit (2 WAVs and a 1-Link), a single WAV, a PMUP and an EB832. I bought the WAV starter kit so that I would have the 1-Link as a backup in case the Apex 2016 brain fails (I will use my old Apex brain and the 1-link to run the system including 3 of my 5 WAVs and the PMUP).

I had an issue with the first Apex 2016 brain but Neptune System customer service was excellent. Kudos to the customer support crew for communicating with me over a weekend and shipping the replacement unit out Monday.

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving.

OP
OP
thetedinator

thetedinator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A short video of three of my Clownfish hosting in my reef. The bonded Clownfish pair are hosting in a Rose BTA. The single Clownfish is hosting in some Clavularia that I have grown out from a frag that Dave B. (o2manyfish) gave me. I explicitly asked Dave for the Clavularia since I had seen Clownfish hosting in Clavularia in his system. The single Clownfish is using the Clavularia for protection as you can see when the bonded pair try to intimidate him/her.

Enjoy.

OP
OP
thetedinator

thetedinator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a dozen Amphiprion ocellaris to my tank today. That makes 16 clownfish in my 240g system. I am thinking I will add another 8 to 12.

Here is a short video of the new clowns right after they were introduced to the tank.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks great and nice flow too!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back