Thinking of going larger reefer 250 or 350 !

Wingizzmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I currently have a red sea max c130 but I think I may go bigger I'm starting to put money aside now for a new build . I'm looking at the red sea reefer 250 or 350 anyone have some input best place to get a deal ? pro and cons to them both ? I will take any input I can get !

Saltine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I currently have a red sea max c130 but I think I may go bigger I'm starting to put money aside now for a new build . I'm looking at the red sea reefer 250 or 350 anyone have some input best place to get a deal ? pro and cons to them both ? I will take any input I can get !

If you have the room and budget, always go bigger!

I bought mine locally for a deal, not sure where you're located, but call around, they usually will cut a deal.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When in doubt, always go BIGGER! :D

@Broadfield may have some thoughts on comparing the two models.

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As said by others, if you have the space and can afford it, always go with the largest tank possible. Heck, even if you can't afford it, go with the larger tank lol. But seriously, the larger tank will have the most beneficial attribute.... more water! Besides giving you an easier time at keeping parameters stable, it also gives you more options for fish, rock scape etc. Aside from size, the tanks are identical... the 250 is just a scaled down version of the 350. So the only advantage of the 250 is price... and all of the equipment cost associated with 250 "can" be a little cheaper. But honestly, it's not that much of a difference. Depending on what skimmer, return pump, reactor(s) you go with, you quite possibly would use the same ones whether you do the 250 or 350. So for example: if you do a Nyos skimmer, the 120 is the smallest they make and it's plenty big enough for a 350... thus being plenty big enough for a 250. If you do an Ecotech Vectra M1 return pump, still the same situation... it's the smallest they make and would easily work on the 350 and 250. So equipment won't necessarily cost you more for the bigger tank. Now if you jumped up to a 525XL, then that changes things. Lighting may or may not cost you more on the 350... just depends on what you go with.

The only places you will find deals on the Red Sea tanks are at LFS. But you will have to wheel and deal with them.

Back