This is the place to ask startup questions

JuniorMC8704

Super Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All you newbies out there...Dont hesitate to post new threads in "new to the hobby".

This gives you a place to ask the basic questions you may have about getting your reef setup, and running smooth.

thincat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"tiny bubbles"...Not Don Ho

Aloha all, I have a 65gal tank with three power heads and return pump. The PC's are AquaClear. The Problem I have is that the power heads blow allot of air. I shake and tilt the heads after cleaning them and I figure tht air would come out for a while. 7 days later and still micro bubbles. The heads are located well below the waterling.
HELP!

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aloha all, I have a 65gal tank with three power heads and return pump. The PC's are AquaClear. The Problem I have is that the power heads blow allot of air. I shake and tilt the heads after cleaning them and I figure tht air would come out for a while. 7 days later and still micro bubbles. The heads are located well below the waterling.
HELP!

You sure the return pump isn't the one introducing the bubbles to the main tank? If the PHs are submerged and don't have an air source, I can't see how they could be the culprit.

thincat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bubbles

You sure the return pump isn't the one introducing the bubbles to the main tank? If the PHs are submerged and don't have an air source, I can't see how they could be the culprit.
Yes, the PH's are well below the waterline and has nowhere to get any air supply. I thought I'd let it go a week. Same thing. Could be a design fault. I saw another post somewhere with the same complaint and same PH's.

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the on a timer/wave maker I found some of mine do this when on them but unfortunatly this is a design flaw in some have you tried adding a sponge filter over PWH intake.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back