Tiny white "worms" and eggs id please - Macro video & pics included

allabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these really small worm-like things showing up on the glass and the bottom of a tank. Any idea what they could be? My first thought was baby bristle worms but pretty sure that's not it.

The largest ones are about 2-3 mm.

Any ideas?

wormeggs.jpg whiteworms.jpg

RareEarthCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna say bristle worm. Maybe too small to identify but in the last picture you can see the little bristles. I hope I am wrong!

cmanning317

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even small bristle worms have pink and purple to them and would prolly not be laying eggs imo

OP
OP
allabout

allabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first thought was bristle worms but I don't think that's it. They do sort of look like them though. But like cmanning said, even very small bristle worms are pinkish not straight white. I can't say definitely one way or the other though.

Reefer's Paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first thought was bristle worms but I don't think that's it. They do sort of look like them though. But like cmanning said, even very small bristle worms are pinkish not straight white. I can't say definitely one way or the other though.

Polychaete
Herbivore totally harmless. Think of it like a worm type of copepod or Ampipod. Had tons in my sump with my pods they're cool to watch.
also here's a great link to all hitchhikers, pests and anything tiny you may not know wat it is good or bad.

http://www.lionfishlair.com/hitchhiker/insidehitch.shtml

OP
OP
allabout

allabout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back