Tips and Tricks on Creating Amazing Aquascapes.

JustAnt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any comments good or bad? TIA

IMG_0149.JPG

Biggles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool and unique! You have a lot of live rock in your sump?

I have no live rock in the sump but i do have 16L of matrix spread throughout the bottom of some sections along with a skimmer. No carbon etc.

As you can see i can't leave things alone in the display, excuse the mess but i'm babysitting a good mates pieces for him.

11_zpsbbsepa3s.jpg

2_zpsh9x1nnc0.jpg

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no live rock in the sump but i do have 16L of matrix spread throughout the bottom of some sections along with a skimmer. No carbon etc.

As you can see i can't leave things alone in the display, excuse the mess but i'm babysitting a good mates pieces for him.

11_zpsbbsepa3s.jpg

2_zpsh9x1nnc0.jpg
Beautiful!!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

11_zpsbbsepa3s.jpg

2_zpsh9x1nnc0.jpg

Very lovely!! Can you create a new thread about your reef please?

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started setting this up I wanted to keep 50% of the sand open and roughly 50% negative space without making it look bare. I kept everything two inches (minimum) from the glass around the entire structure. Doing this made a narrow tank seem even narrower so I tried to elongate the structure pulling it from back to front at roughly a 45° angle to trick the eye into thinking it was a bit wider.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I started setting this up I wanted to keep 50% of the sand open and roughly 50% negative space without making it look bare. I kept everything two inches (minimum) from the glass around the entire structure. Doing this made a narrow tank seem even narrower so I tried to elongate the structure pulling it from back to front at roughly a 45° angle to trick the eye into thinking it was a bit wider.

Nice job! I can also tell this scape has more depth than what can really be seen.

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I like this style. This goes to show you don't have to stack rocks all Jenga-like to create a great looking scape.

Crackem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had to take out my manmade aquascape after giving it a chance for over a year and a half. Rocks caused uncontrollable and unidentifiable algae in my tank that I'm still battling today. Rocks also leached Alkalinity which caused my Alk to rise continually until all my Sps frags died.

I ordered brs tonga shelf and a little tonga branch and had a friend acid wash it and build me 3 structures based on some pics I sent him. I can't wait to fill this tank with fish and sps.

IMG_0304.JPG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good!

Gravityreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone. Thus is the scape I just did. What do u everyone thunk of it so far? Am still eye balling it to make changes. Oh yeah!! Sorry for the cloudiness. Still filling it up..

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 66 79.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.8%
Back