Tips to make your build thread get noticed!

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you want to start a build thread but want to know how to keep it interesting and get people involved? Here are some tips to use to do so!

* Make your updates as detailed as possible! Describe what you're doing and possible future plans.

* Take lots of pictures! This cannot be stressed enough, the better quality pictures the better. Give descriptions of what each picture is or what you are trying to show.

* Don't like taking pics? How about videos? If you have a go pro posting a in tank video would be a fantastic way to get visits and comments!

* Do product reviews! Got a new piece of equipment for your tank? Write up a nice review with pics and even video, everyone loves a detailed review.

* Check out and post on other's build threads! That's a good way to get others to notice you and will go to yours as well.

* If you become a supporting member of Reef2Reef you can link your build thread in your signature! So where ever you post in the forum your build thread will be visible to others instantly!

Click here for more info on becoming a supporting member:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/all-new-supporting-member-perks-support-r2r.68905/

* When posting on other build threads not only just "like" comments but leave personalized messages. Everyone enjoys reading comments while receiving likes.

* Reply to all comments in your build thread! Even if it's a simple post like, "great build following along!" Like, quote it and give a simple thank you, this goes a long way in getting people to frequent your thread.

* Try to keep updates frequent! Even if you have nothing going on, update on test results or a weekly water change! And don't forget to snap a picture of the tank post water change!

* Ask questions and for feedback on what you are doing, keep conversations civil and personable!

* Don't get upset if nobody comments! There are a lot of threads on the site and believe it or not people are watching your thread! Just keep the updates coming and the rest will fall into place!

And most importantly, have fun with the thread! After all it is your build thread. Your build should be fun for you to do and keeping the thread up should be as well. Not only are you sharing your build for others to see, but it's also a great journal to make and look back on in the future to refer to or just look thru what you have done!

Happy reefing
Team R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great tips! Thanks for sharing! ...but you forgot to mention heckling friends in your build thread...that draws attention as well. :)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm just gonna bump this again. Great points to help you guys keep people engaging with your build threads!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bumping again. :D Let's see some build thread updates!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the tips, my tank thread has no friends.
Glad you posted here. I'm impressed by the amount of growth you've got going! Definitely follow the tips here to get more attention.

tangerine3486

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can Mods update your original post to have a cleaner, more informitive, up to date intro? Not trying to make work for mods but interested.

skybears

Lovin it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silly me posted my build thread in the lounge a long time ago whoops LOL

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can Mods update your original post to have a cleaner, more informitive, up to date intro? Not trying to make work for mods but interested.
Just FYI, Rev just made it possible for EVERYONE to edit their posts in their build threads indefinitely, so you can now all update your original posts as much as you'd like. :)

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my build thread under nano tanks and not member tanks should I start one there instead?

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my build thread under nano tanks and not member tanks should I start one there instead?
If you ask a mod they should be able to move it for you..

SuperHaze57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you want to start a build thread but want to know how to keep it interesting and get people involved? Here are some tips to use to do so!

* Make your updates as detailed as possible! Describe what you're doing and possible future plans.

* Take lots of pictures! This cannot be stressed enough, the better quality pictures the better. Give descriptions of what each picture is or what you are trying to show.

* Don't like taking pics? How about videos? If you have a go pro posting a in tank video would be a fantastic way to get visits and comments!

* Do product reviews! Got a new piece of equipment for your tank? Write up a nice review with pics and even video, everyone loves a detailed review.

* Check out and post on other's build threads! That's a good way to get others to notice you and will go to yours as well.

* If you become a supporting member of Reef2Reef you can link your build thread in your signature! So where ever you post in the forum your build thread will be visible to others instantly!

Click here for more info on becoming a supporting member:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/all-new-supporting-member-perks-support-r2r.68905/

* When posting on other build threads not only just "like" comments but leave personalized messages. Everyone enjoys reading comments while receiving likes.

* Reply to all comments in your build thread! Even if it's a simple post like, "great build following along!" Like, quote it and give a simple thank you, this goes a long way in getting people to frequent your thread.

* Try to keep updates frequent! Even if you have nothing going on, update on test results or a weekly water change! And don't forget to snap a picture of the tank post water change!

* Ask questions and for feedback on what you are doing, keep conversations civil and personable!

* Don't get upset if nobody comments! There are a lot of threads on the site and believe it or not people are watching your thread! Just keep the updates coming and the rest will fall into place!

And most importantly, have fun with the thread! After all it is your build thread. Your build should be fun for you to do and keeping the thread up should be as well. Not only are you sharing your build for others to see, but it's also a great journal to make and look back on in the future to refer to or just look thru what you have done!

Happy reefing
Team R2R
Great tips ! thanks for putting this together I will be using this info in my build thread.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back