Tomini Tang white on one eye.

Ubans13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomini tang has what looks to be like a slight haze an little bubble on one eye. No spots on fish anywhere else. Almost looks like a little haze spot or it has been going down the glass and its kinds sore?
070db1c0f4ae80dcf4647a5d97e114c9.jpg
84e3f6dcb7cd95bd8823e3faf03427f5.jpg
ce3c7487b6ab2c662684ff732b8c0f46.jpg

First two pics are bad eye .
Last pic is good side.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be bacterial but sounds to me like pop eye. Has the one eye been like that for a while? Have hot noticed any change in the eye? Water parameters

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like flukes to me actually, I would treat with prazi pro. If that doesn't clear it up in a few days or make a notable improvement it may be something else. This is not my strong suit though but the small bulge on part of the eye indicates to me that it may be flukes

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flukes is a possibility. But aren't flukes like white worms that attach? You could try a freshwater dip and see if anything comes off. It might help and it might not but ur wood tell you if it had flukes. 5 minutes top in a dark colored bucket. If you notice heavy breathing stop the freshwater treatment. Make sure you aerate the water for 30 min minimum before the treatment.

cdare99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My flame angel had something similar to this I did a 4 min freshwater dip with rodi water and he seemed immediately relieved then I dosed prazi pro

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can i dose the main DT with the prazi? Mostly soft corals, LPS and one RBT anemone
Freshwater dip to confirm if it is flukes, prazi pro can be dosed to dt but can harm worms like feather dusters. Also after a week of it in the tank do a big water change and then dose appropriately

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can i dose the main DT with the prazi? Mostly soft corals, LPS and one RBT anemone
Yup it's never harmed any corals despite rumors that it can. It's irritated them for a few hours but they recover quickly. It doesn't even bother my worms or dusters

OP
OP
Ubans13

Ubans13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok cool. I wont have the prazi till monday. How aggressive are flukes. Fish has great appetite and doesnt show any flashing that i have seen yet or any heavy breathing. Thanks.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok cool. I wont have the prazi till monday. How aggressive are flukes. Fish has great appetite and doesnt show any flashing that i have seen yet or any heavy breathing. Thanks.
Flukes can kill fast but not as fast as velvet. It all depends how aggresive the flukes are. Keep an eye on it, you can freshwater dip in the two days to give temporary relieve but that's all it is is temporary relieve

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so we figured out the issue. Your going to want to dose prazipro. It can be dosed in the dt. But if you have a qt up and ready you can do that. The only thing prazipro warns about is possible harm to worms like feather dusters. I would get it asap and dose per the instructions on the bottle

OP
OP
Ubans13

Ubans13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The prazi will be here tomorrow around 2. Will dose in display tank due to the fact I have a fish in QT as is with no issues. Will do DT as to treat other fish that may now have flukes. Does it spread quick. The weird thing is my melanurus wrasse seems to be picking at the tang with the flukes as like its trying to clean it. Ever seen this or heard of it? Have no feather duster and not worried about losing some good worms.

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as I loose no FISH!
It's supposed to not harm fish or inverts. As far as the wrasse they are helpful cleaners. They will eat bugs and sometimes flukes. Ive heard of cleaner wrasses doing a great job but sounds like you got a great wrasse! :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back