top for my rimless

bonomo53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody have any idea how i can make a mesh cover for my rimless tank only problem i have is that the legs to my light and my fans sit on the rim so i don't know how to do it. aim going away for 3 days next week and i'am a little worried since last time i went away i lost my clowns to carpet surfing.

22bb2343.jpg

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some kits that you can buy, it's basically thin aluminum pieces and you place a thin black mesh within the frame. This entire assembly just lays on top.

I would really like to see something that is inset into the aquarium by 1/4" or so. This way you can preserve the glass edge and a clean look. A tiny lip could be use to just barely hang onto the inner edge of the glass. Something like this would be pretty custom though...

RaeRae

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be to much work but. I just ordered 1/2 inch square acrylic rods. I am going to cut them so they sit in the tank. Then drill holes ever 1/4 inch. Use a light weight fishing line. Weave it in and out and make my own net. Put a small tab on each corner. So its just inside the tank. I know it sounds like a lot of work but I couldn't find one I liked that didn't take away from the beauty of the rimless. And if it saves a $100.00 fish I'm all for it.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RaeRae, FWIW, remember that the fishing line will detioriate over time under the intensity of your lights. and Halides may melt it.

TropicalReefCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to HD or Lowe's and go to the window screen department. They have white aluminum material and plastic corner plugs that you can build a frame with, then attach fiberglass screening with a rubber cord and a special tool. Keep the maximum dimension down to around 36"-40" so it does not sag, using 2 or 3 pieces to cover the length of your tank.

OP
OP
bonomo53

bonomo53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i know how to make the top for my tank but unswore how to attach it since he tanks rimless i would need to some how make a lip of sorting for it to sit on

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines justs like Troylee's. All that stuff around the edge of your tank is gonna make it tuff to do something like that.

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a mesh top out of pond lineing with some velcro tape on my 29gal biocube saves me from losing anymore fish

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 74 78.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Other

Votes: 9 9.6%
Back