OP
ToXIc

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm soooo happy I future proofed this build!

Details coming soon!!

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited to hear the news (hope it comes with plenty of picrures!) as it seems everything you build is top notch

OP
OP
ToXIc

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excited to hear the news (hope it comes with plenty of picrures!) as it seems everything you build is top notch

thanks for the kind words..

so i've been dreading upgrading my distribution pump for a while now for the fear that i have to replumb the most of the manifold.. but had to because the original pump i got was undersized after adding all the various equipment..

after the MTRC swap i got a Reef Octopus hy-10000w to replace the waveline DC-6000

518B11BA-0001-4FE8-8BDD-325FE641E31D_zpskwmropa3.jpg

side by side

868FCF2B-2251-4C68-8141-DA7A25DA4917_zpsdjjp3l05.jpg

when i looked at the plumbing i was happy i could just unscrew three unions and take out the entire thing. Was also happy that the main body to the chiller was 1" and not 3/4" like the manifold sections that it split off to. Then all i had to do was measure it up cut and swap out unions..

A5E2CB51-D266-40AE-87D0-54E5A67FEED7_zpshgxbqyi5.jpg

25D52DBD-C977-4425-AD78-998021AB5160_zpsnkctnloo.jpg

bolted everything up and it ran perfectly no issues at all.. got more flow over the ATS, dem pellets be tumbling better and tha chiller tho... it be chilling.. lol

the entire process too less than an hour... now taking out the cords and running the new ones that took a while..

Last edited:

teebone110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks good, just curious if you had considered going with a larger wavelike DC pump vs water blaster?
is there any difference in noise? I know the water blasters are known to be silent

OP
OP
ToXIc

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All that OCD paid off!

lol right!

looks good, just curious if you had considered going with a larger wavelike DC pump vs water blaster?
is there any difference in noise? I know the water blasters are known to be silent

i originally wanted to do a water blaster but DC's were getting popular around the "build" time frame so i decided to try it instead.. the DC pump ran great no issues besides the usual of having to clean it to regain flow.

i went with the water blaster to satisfy my original curiosity on how it would run.. if ehiem only make higher flow pumps.. but soo far i'm really liking the pump it is indeed silent.. and the vibration is almost nil.. really happy with it.. still needs some more days running it but i believe the system is running cooler..

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Kevan, now make a trip over to Knoxville to help me replumb my tank! ;)

OP
OP
ToXIc

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how's about a SAD update...

a few weeks back my skimmer pump went out and ATi sent me this!?!?!??!

C5BE6466-9DFC-4417-ACFD-24C5D10D95DF_zpsxjmbs6nm.jpg

E0917918-1620-4A60-9D2B-1264B387CD1C_zpsazfdxguw.jpg

I'm not joking they sent me a Chinese knock off or a Chinese pump!
was soo irate i made this

OP
OP
ToXIc

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
now for the two weeks i've been doing water changes, i have my ATS and over 1000ml's of Biopellets and a bunch o' Rox carbon.
everything kept its color nothing looked bad..

now about two weeks later i have stuff dieing!!!! A few of us speculate the pump is leaching something, i've found supporting threads with the same speculation that Jebao plastics are toxic.
All levels are spot on source water start with 0 TDS etc. i've got 3 Triton tests inbound gonna test
1: Fresh made saltwater
2: Tank water
3: Fresh made saltwater with the skimmer running in it for a week

Got some acros with tips burning, soothe skins flesh are thinning out and some of my LPS receding to nothing.

crash_zps4cukj8e1.jpg

crash_1_zpsfwztoci3.jpg

crash_2_zps6oimpfkw.jpg

crash_3_zps3ktybn6g.jpg

crash_4_zpsj0uqnqna.jpg

crash_5_zpsmoo70y1d.jpg

crash_6_zpsarwkct39.jpg

crash_7_zpssroofy9w.jpg

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how's about a SAD update...

a few weeks back my skimmer pump went out and ATi sent me this!?!?!??!

I'm not joking they sent me a Chinese knock off or a Chinese pump!
was soo irate i made this

That sucks man, I would be upset as well.

I would throw out that they did offer to take care of you outside of warranty, albeit, closer to your purchase than the non-existent many years of running on your tank. I am in a similar situation with a DC-Waveline that has crapped out on me after less than a year of use, but outside the warranty. A return pump should not have to be swapped every year, like you mentioned, nobody has time for that, no matter what the pump is for. Funnily enough, local hobbyists have always lent me the Jebeaos till I can remedy the situation, and I've never had a problem with them. I hope the dying off in your tank is not related to the pump, and I'm glad that although you're angry, you seem to be assessing all sides of your predicament on a fairly even playing field.

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kevan, very sorry to hear and watch your video. I've been following your build since the beginning as I began building my tank. I can say that I too have been disappointed with ATIus customer service. I purchased a powermodule led system with some issues right out of the box. Contacted customer service, and still living with the issues after 8 months of going back and forth with emails and now almost two years since the build started. Their options to fix the issues were not acceptable to me, and I'm having to deal with a fantastic light ($$$$) that is not 100%. I had the same mindset as you, spend the money on what is considered top of the line to help elevate head aches in the future. Unfortunately my tank is not as full as yours, and I do hope that what issues you are starting to see are not from the new pump. Hoping that you have a quick recovery with minimal damage, and sorry to hear that some one else has been put in this position after spending some hard earned $$. All the best, and following along..

gettaReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BS! I'd be ticked too. It really sucks you don't even have the option to purchase the "older" AC pump. And BS that in correspondence ATI didn't inform you of the pump change, that the pump is marked WAY up in price, that you lose features with using Jebao over older pump. Check this thread by ATI advertising the Powercone: https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?threads/200520/

This is recent, just a month ago and shows the new Powercones sold with the same Jebao pump they sent you. Is the price of the skimmer the same as when you purchased it (they quoted me a price later in the thread after I requested a price). According to this ad it does appear though that they say that the restart button on skimmer still works. Idk man.....thats some bs, I feel for ya

OP
OP
ToXIc

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks man, I would be upset as well.

I would throw out that they did offer to take care of you outside of warranty, albeit, closer to your purchase than the non-existent many years of running on your tank. I am in a similar situation with a DC-Waveline that has crapped out on me after less than a year of use, but outside the warranty. A return pump should not have to be swapped every year, like you mentioned, nobody has time for that, no matter what the pump is for. Funnily enough, local hobbyists have always lent me the Jebeaos till I can remedy the situation, and I've never had a problem with them. I hope the dying off in your tank is not related to the pump, and I'm glad that although you're angry, you seem to be assessing all sides of your predicament on a fairly even playing field.

I really hope the die off is something simple also, I'm baffled.

Man I hate see this Kevan.....I'm feeling your pain bro.

Bra! I believe you may have me beat on this one. Unless things don't rebound. But I've got a ton of frags to hook you back up with.

Kevan, very sorry to hear and watch your video. I've been following your build since the beginning as I began building my tank. I can say that I too have been disappointed with ATIus customer service. I purchased a powermodule led system with some issues right out of the box. Contacted customer service, and still living with the issues after 8 months of going back and forth with emails and now almost two years since the build started. Their options to fix the issues were not acceptable to me, and I'm having to deal with a fantastic light ($$$$) that is not 100%. I had the same mindset as you, spend the money on what is considered top of the line to help elevate head aches in the future. Unfortunately my tank is not as full as yours, and I do hope that what issues you are starting to see are not from the new pump. Hoping that you have a quick recovery with minimal damage, and sorry to hear that some one else has been put in this position after spending some hard earned $$. All the best, and following along..

That's sad man. You pay good $$ one a product that suppose to had a great reputation because of the company that makes it. Only to find out that instead of great products they are going to China and pawning off these sub par products to their customers. Disgraceful!

BS! I'd be ****** too. It really sucks you don't even have the option to purchase the "older" AC pump. And BS that in correspondence ATI didn't inform you of the pump change, that the pump is marked WAY up in price, that you lose features with using Jebao over older pump. Check this thread by ATI advertising the Powercone: https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?threads/200520/

This is recent, just a month ago and shows the new Powercones sold with the same Jebao pump they sent you. Is the price of the skimmer the same as when you purchased it (they quoted me a price later in the thread after I requested a price). According to this ad it does appear though that they say that the restart button on skimmer still works. Idk man.....thats some bs, I feel for ya

SMH. I noticed the video they posted is the old one with the original pump and not with the garbage jebao and no air flow. And for around the $600 I'll pass way more powerful options out there.

If you look at my unboxing video you'll notice I mentioned how cheap the body is made but the options compensated for this. Now with this jebao pump I don't see them selling many.

I'm wrecking my head trying to remember how much I paid.

teebone110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your tank issues, just thinking that maybe what you are observing is related to the sudden changes with ROX carbon? That stuff is potent and can easily strip nutrients very quickly. This could be the cause of your problems. Also the addional volume of biopellets could be a factor.

ws6kid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the above. Other than the acros, the LPS and softies prefer a little crap in the water. I don't run ROX carbon any longer because it is pretty aggressive.

OP
OP
ToXIc

ToXIc

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes and no guys..

i've always ran ROX on this system so it's accustomed to it.. i upped the amount after seeing the decline in the LPS and Smooth Skin acros fearing it may be a chemical pollutant since its affecting corals that like both clean and dirty water with levels spot on.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back