Treat one or all?

Murftoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new flasher wrasse and two blue neon gobies in QT. I believe the wrasse might have Velvet now and looks terrible. :(

The QT tank has sand and a few hermits in it, so I've setup a bare bottom hospital tank with an HoB and a pre-seeded sponge filter. I plan on doing a quick dip in FW before putting him in it and treating with chloroquine and PraziPro (the latter of which in case I'm mistaken and it's flukes).

My question is, should I go ahead a treat the gobies as well? The both look great. The reason I'm hesitating is because they are constantly trying to clean the parasites off of the wrasse and driving him crazy. So I'm hoping to leave them in the QT tank untreated and keeping an eye on them.

If they've been that exposed to it, is it a given that they'll get it as well?

Thanks for the advice!

OP
OP
M

Murftoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done. Thank you very much! If you don't mind a follow-up question:

I think I'm going make pre-treatment part of my new QT process for every newcomer in the future. So I'll tear down the tank with sand, LR, and hermits and just stick with the bare bottom one I'm using as a hospital now.

Can Velvet live on hermits? I assume need to leave those guys in QT for a while (4 weeks?) and I can't just go ahead and move them to my DT, right?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yuppers. Treat all of them and QT the inverts they were exposed to. :) Good luck

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back