OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah thanks--it's hard to convince the skeptics though, without scientific proof! I working on convincing Borneman to do that part, since he has the extra tanks/resources.

Rev, I'll work on that one for ya but we're on page 11 here already too.

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah thanks--it's hard to convince the skeptics though, without scientific proof! I working on convincing Borneman to do that part, since he has the extra tanks/resources.

Rev, I'll work on that one for ya but we're on page 11 here already too.

Yeah I don't think it is your job to do the "scientific" testing that some people seem to be requesting. I must prefer the process of having a number of people report their results vs. one person trying to do a controlled experiment with the stuff.

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you read the RC thread, everyone is thrilled with the results--on their whole tank, not just their ailing zoas. I was interested about the info written on how much it helps ailing fish too.

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you read the RC thread, everyone is thrilled with the results--on their whole tank, not just their ailing zoas. I was interested about the info written on how much it helps ailing fish too.

I saw that, and I like the results I'm seeing there. However, I don't feel that every little thing we add to our tank requires some scientific study by an "expert" or someone willing to setup a controlled experiment. Just trying to save you some work ;).

geoxman

hemp farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jenni-you will get a PM from a Fiend of mine. Please talk to him!!!--he is a geek, but in a good way. I am sorry I could not buzz today! He will send through RC,,, I believe. keep it going!
PL

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After finding more info on the benefits of C on fish, I am trying to treat my baby burrfish for Crypt. I have no QT for him & none of the other fish are affected.

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not necessarily... As soon as you open the bottle & expose to air, it starts to lose potency. Not only that, but the link you posted is ascorbic acid, which has a pH of 4. The stuff I link you guys to is sodium ascorbate, buffered to 7.1.

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10g tank with zoas and pallys.

I dose 125mg of vitamin c every day. My tank is looking great.

I use equaline 500mg Vitamin C Tablets.

I just cut the tablet into four quarters. Each day I crush one quarter and put it in my sump.

Attachments

• ftts.jpg
    ftts.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 310

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started dosing vitamin C on Friday the 13th of this month. Have to say that I've seen improvements in PE and color. Getting more diatoms on the glass, as many have reported, but not a problem. Don't know why this works, but Vit C must be some good stuff for many types of earthlings. Thanks Pufferpunk for passing along the info! Talked with some oldschool reef gurus who are doing the same thing. I just do what the people who have nicer tanks than me do.

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pakora, You are dosing a product with fillers added & also has a pH of 4. 125mg really isn't very much though, as I dose my 15g with around 500mg, 2x/day.

pakora

Papa-Kora!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pakora, You are dosing a product with fillers added & also has a pH of 4. 125mg really isn't very much though, as I dose my 15g with around 500mg, 2x/day.

Thank you for the information. So should I stop or keep going? Am I doing anything at all? The tank seems to be reacting in a positive way. My parameters are always great as I test them every other day.

Date: 2/21/2009
Salinity: 1.024
Ph: 8.2
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Calcium: 480
Kh: 9
Phosphate: 0
Temperature: 78.7
Time Tested: 19:04

OP
OP
Pufferpunk

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much are you dosing, how often? It took about 3 months to see my pH drop to 7.8, before I figured I better use a buffered product.

Last edited:

softiegirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess i've been dosing for a couple months now. usually only 1000mg a day. Ph has been steady at 8.2. I tried the tablets but they made my skimmer go bonkers and i got tired of it overflowing! But so far so good.... my zoas love it. The anenomes do not, my rock anenome and my duncans close up for a few when it first comes out the return....

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 78.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.6%
Back