Tree coral

SouL_Shaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8VKmVd.jpg

Also I have some difficult problem with this tree coral. It lost its most orange leaves. Is it dead?
MG 1350
KH 7
CA 450

Last edited:

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not dead but likely headed that way. Those are carnation corals. They are non-photosynthetic and are near impossible to keep alive in aquariums.

Paulday

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept one for a long time in my 180. I use to spot feed with Goni powder. Twice a week. I would mix one teaspoon to 1 cup of water. Turn off my pumps and use a turkey baster. To put food over. Wait 15 to 20 minutes before I would turn pumps back on.

OP
OP
SouL_Shaker

SouL_Shaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not dead but likely headed that way. Those are carnation corals. They are non-photosynthetic and are near impossible to keep alive in aquariums.
I kept one for a long time in my 180. I use to spot feed with Goni powder. Twice a week. I would mix one teaspoon to 1 cup of water. Turn off my pumps and use a turkey baster. To put food over. Wait 15 to 20 minutes before I would turn pumps back on.

Problem was there are no no3 and po4 in the aquarium. I fed them twice a week with grotech nutrimarine coral nutrient. I bought no3 and po4 liquid booster. Aquarium expert said that it should resolve the problem.

Brain and tree coral were lack of no3 and po4 for a long time. They are with me since february.

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carnations are definitely tricky. I had one for quite a while too, but ultimately they always seem to give out. They just don't do well in aquaria. My guess is a high nutrient system with lots of flow might keep them going, but you'd wind up with basically a species tank.

OP
OP
SouL_Shaker

SouL_Shaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carnations are definitely tricky. I had one for quite a while too, but ultimately they always seem to give out. They just don't do well in aquaria. My guess is a high nutrient system with lots of flow might keep them going, but you'd wind up with basically a species tank.
I have vortech mp60 and mp40. I read they wanted high flow on the net.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back