Trido's 210 In-wall

zach_discus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zach, I was told today you have near 80 different SPS in your 240. I just counted and I currently have around 65 different SPS varieties in my tank right now. Partly thank to Todd who sent me home today with five more mini colonies.

Yeah I have a problem :). None of mine are very big yet, though some of my Indo-Pacific mini colonies are growing like wild fire.

hotnickz07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW brother what a tank!! just read went through some of the best sps I have seen under LEDS. wow

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you still using those DIY leds from the beginning of this thread?
No, I've switched to an Evergrow with a custom spectrum from one of my LFS. As far as the hinges I used on my canopy door, they are just a standard cabinet hinge that pushes the door forward as is swings in order for the two edges to not bind on each other. I had to cut a 45 degree angle on the door and the wall to make things work right. It is held open with two brass (toy box) type brackets that lock into the open postition.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a few hours yesterday to rearrange my 90G frag tank with a far better frack system. 8 custom acrylic racks with 100 holes each. I put seven into the tank and the spare will make it very easy to swap one out for cleaning. I emptied the tank completely, scraped the aptasias off the bottom and shop vac'd it clean.
IMG_2078.JPG
IMG_2081.JPG

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I've switched to an Evergrow with a custom spectrum from one of my LFS. As far as the hinges I used on my canopy door, they are just a standard cabinet hinge that pushes the door forward as is swings in order for the two edges to not bind on each other. I had to cut a 45 degree angle on the door and the wall to make things work right. It is held open with two brass (toy box) type brackets that lock into the open postition.
Which ever grow system are you running. How did you get a custom spectrum? Are you just using one fixture? My tank will be 48"x20x24 so unless I'm gonna need a number of fixtures. And thanks for the tips on the hinges!

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which ever grow system are you running. How did you get a custom spectrum? Are you just using one fixture? My tank will be 48"x20x24 so unless I'm gonna need a number of fixtures. And thanks for the tips on the hinges!
I didn't buy the cheapest fixture I could find on e-bay was the first step in getting the spectrum I wanted. I have four black box fixtures on my six foot tank along with two DIY " stunner strips" A total of 600 watts at 75%.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful reef!

Matze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your tank!
Beautiful corals and fish. I'm totally impressed with your Evergrow lighting setup.
Great to see one hasn't always to bite the bullet of spending big time to get awesome results. Looking forward to the next updates :)

Matze

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been a long time since I've posted an update. Over the summer I was too busy for tank details. With SPS that is NOT GOOD. I basically let my tank go into a controlled crash and lost most of my large SPS colonies due to, starting with a Dkh crash and then months of allelopathy from dieing corals. Fortunately, the grow tanks were pretty much unaffected.

Last month I bought Chris Baskin's old 210. I removed my stock 210 with dual overflows and build a custom overflow to match the drilled holes on the one end of the new tank. Here are a couple pictures.
This is the front of the tank
New tank-7598.jpg

This is the view from the laundry room. The back of the tank

New tank-7611.jpg

mushroomrob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank is crazy. Nicely done! More pics needed. The surface of the water seriously looks like an ocean with how the lighting pierces

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey man sorry about the losses but I have not doubt that the reef will rebound!

Back