Triton Progress Pictures

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see the before the Triton method tank photos and progress pictures using the Triton method.

Gene

PC150001_zps8f323b0e.jpg

PC150002_zps5649e384.jpg

PC150001_zps8f323b0e.jpg~c100.jpeg

PC150002_zps5649e384.jpg~c100.jpeg

OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone else who is starting the Triton Method have tank and sump pictures?

We'll post the before and after pictures of our tanks.

Love to see what happens to our reef tanks using these chemicals!

Gene

Av8Bluewater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you fully into the system yet?
Maybe people could post their test results and mention what they are doing to remedy the elements that are too high/low.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I imagine a lot of sump changes are forthcoming? My before pics would be a lot of coral skeletons. No one wants to see that.

acromike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any progress from triton ? I like concept of not doing water changes. What are the base elementz made off? Do they contain trace elements

acromike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gpwdr are you dosing any thing other than the base elementz?
Are you using a dosing pump? Can you post a picture of dosing pump?

OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gpwdr are you dosing any thing other than the base elementz?
Are you using a dosing pump? Can you post a picture of dosing pump?

Vertex Libra Doser - Main Unit (Stepper Motor) is what I use for a dosing pump.
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/vertex-libra-doser-main-unit.html

You only dose elementz. There are 4 solutions we get in the us. The 4 elementz solutions are dosed separately. A dosing unit with four heads would be better than the vertex libra I have.

Gene

OP
OP
gpwdr

gpwdr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PC300011_zps6bfe6135.jpg

It has been one and a half weeks into dosing the Triton Elementz. I replaced the gulf of Mexico live rock with Pukani cured dry rock.
The corals are starting to look more vibrant.
Gene

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great Greg. We just put the 5th raceway online with Triton chemicals. After running it on our acro grow-out raceways for 3 weeks, the colors and tips are noticeably better. Acromike- The elementz contain all the essential trace elements- in perfect balance with the matrix of seawater. In my opinion, this is the best part about running the base elementz.

Triton US

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really cool stuff. Thanks for sharing your progress, setbacks, challenges...Great to see this!

-Scott

Sangheili

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some growth/encrusting comparison pics. I think all of these frags have been in the display tank less then a month so keep in mind they went through a big light adjustment during this period.

IWG4Emv.png

qEke6GC.jpg

D5s6BBU.png

jkN4MyC.jpg

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool guys. Here is the same section of tank from Ehsan's tank. I shot the first pic while in Germany late Sept 2014. The second shot is from a video taken by Vincent Thomas in the UK in January 2015. Roughly 4.5 months of growth. There are many factors that contribute to coral growth. In my opinion, nutrient levels, lighting, stress and organics probably contribute more to the growth. Regardless of where the credit is given, any reef tank will benefit from a solid and consistent matrix of elements which the Base Elementz deliver.
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
IMG_2380.jpg

FullSizeRender-1.jpg

IMG_2380.jpg

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triton loves to minimize variables. The official stance on foods and additives is the less the better. Most triton users just feed the fish and don't mess with coral foods or additives like amino acids. There are amino acids in foods so the idea is to feed your fish well and let them cycle the nutrients. The algae bed will also release nutrients for the corals. Doing things in this manner prevents contaminants from entering the water. It has proven to work quite well for many people in the UK including the tank pictured above. Every day, Ehsan or a staff member will thaw out some fish food and feed the fish. I recommend installing a small auto feeder connected to an apex or similar computer and feed a high quality slowly sinking pellet to the fish several times a day. Fish that feed constantly in the wild like anthias, dartfish, chromis, etc will greatly appreciate this. In turn, they will release a constant stream of nutrients for the tank to process.

I happen to love Acro power. We use it daily in our systems at UC. Although the official stance from Triton is to not supplement with additives, I still feel the benefits using a select few can be worth it. We check our water with Triton testing so if we spot a build up of something we quickly try to identify the cause. One must also keep in mind that the Base Elementz are designed to be best used on a mature stable reef system with a good amount of biodiversity. This mature diversity ensures that a balanced pull on the matrix of elements will occur. Our raceways, although being ran on the Base Elementz, are not mature, diverse reef tanks. They are primarily genus specific and mainly filled with growing frags. When frags are healing they use elements in different amounts than they would if they were mature colonies. To a coral, having to heal tissue after being cut by a frag machine is different than growing healthy tips. The same goes for encrusting a brand new plug versus growing new tips upward and outwardly. It is for reasons like this that we personally like to give the corals an extra boost from the Acro Power. We also don't keep a lot of fish in our coral raceways so the amount of food in comparison to what the corals would need to eat is not ideal.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back