Trouble with QT'ing a Yellow Tang

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing my treat meant says is for freshwater just do half of the dose, nothing about it needing to be longer.

The OP indicated he is using Copper Power. There is both a marine (blue bottle) and freshwater (green bottle) version of that product.

Which product are you referring to?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one I'm using is Cupramine.

Apparently Seachem doesn't differentiate between FW ich (Ichthyophthirius multifiliis) and Marine ich (Cryptocaryon irritans).

The entire life cycle of FW ich takes approximately 7 days at 25C (77F), so 2 weeks of copper treatment at that temperature would be more than sufficient.

Marine ich, however, is often more prolonged. In the table below you will see several studies where the life cycle took more than 2 weeks when all the stages are added up. Indeed, in two studies even 30 days of copper treatment may not be long enough. :eek:

Table1_zpsfwf5goxj.jpg

OP
OP
jbow50

jbow50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thanks for the info. I had no idea. The fish looked so much better next day after a water change. Even ate for me. He is even swimming around and displays his dorsal fin now. Where before he would hide and try to be as small as possible. I will continue the treatment until time to introduce back into the tank, which is in 36 days.

OP
OP
jbow50

jbow50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5 more days and fish is doing awesome. Copper treated again and to no avail. However, i used kanaplex and furan2 and it cleared him of any symptoms in a week but ran an additional week just in case.

Back