Troylee's ultimate upgrade~~~round 2~~~

LegoZ81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:( the drop off was freaking awesome sad to see you had trouble with it.

You will love the special grade from the not blowing around with flow aspect. it's pretty heavy in comparison to sugar fine.

I am amazed with how quickly acrylic tanks can go together and be ready for water.

Good work keep us posted.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:( the drop off was freaking awesome sad to see you had trouble with it.

You will love the special grade from the not blowing around with flow aspect. it's pretty heavy in comparison to sugar fine.

I am amazed with how quickly acrylic tanks can go together and be ready for water.

Good work keep us posted.
i always see it in others tanks but never ran it myself.....i picked up a 160lbs of it yesterday im sure i will be happy with it.....my blue devil always burries my chalices with the fine sand.....the only thing im not to sure is how my diamond goby and future wrasses are gonna like it...:(

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well after finally getting some comunication from the vendor I ordered my plumbing from he decides to tell me it's back ordered for 2 weeks!!!!!! Arrrrrr so I started thinking how I could just re use the current tank jets but there glued in... Hmmmmm took one apart and realized it's just a 1.5" bulkhead threaded on the inside the ball and nut removes.... So I found some bulkheads local that fit the ticket...;)
so it's on see ya tonight.... I'm going to swap tanks....:)

Alpha Aquaculture

Designer Clownfish Hatchery
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like the jets that you use. I looked into using them for my next tank because they don't stick out at all and block light. Where did you get them from again? Thanks

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after 12hrs yesterday.. i pulled a 22hr shift and woke to this today.....
c1631c2f.jpg

monday this was just a idea lol...and friday night it was running... a complete from the ground up built 22gal tank....lol
i still need to skin the stand and make a new canopy but i think this was a record...4 days from a rack of plastic to a full blown reef....still gotta scape it etc...i just threw it all in there for now maybe tomorrow i can scape it....i had to clean that huge mess all day today....
..hmmmmmmmm....what happened???back with the big boys!!!!!lol
to many acros and not enough room.... [smilie=angry3.gif]
3e956930.jpg

b26b384d.jpg

2de1ae85.jpg

3ce217d5.jpg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man it was a rough night.... By 11 last night I could barely hold my eyes open since I went to work at 4 am just to do that yesterday... At 2 am I finally got to crash and all my livestock was happy and secure....spent the day cleaning that huge mess but all is well... No casulties and every thing looked great...;) I added 100gal of new water with 150 from my other display and all the rock from my old display.... New substrate thou used that special grade seafloor.... That stuff looks awesome and all in all I'm a happy camper.... The wife wasn't when she woke up this morning... Lol. :p

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw. That's a record!!!! Monday it was plastic on a rack and in 4 days it's a complete full blown reef... Who says you can't do anything fast in this hobby?????:p

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I wish I had half the tank building knowledge you do. Thats, just insane I been working on my new tank for a month and didnt have to make the tank lol

Very impressive if I ever want a tank built I know who im asking first lol

Thank you for letting us tag along. I would love to see a video of a build sometime.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i did a little scaping yesterday...not happy with it at all but it's a start...
sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, i will break out the good camera when the water clears up...
left side
3c4781c7.jpg

right side..
dd90af9c.jpg

fts....
31bf3747.jpg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw. After I got done scaping it I was doing other stuff and walked by my tank and noticed my clams were sliming I thought oh o what's going on.... If you remember I had a thread about removing aptasia from a clam about 2 weeks ago anywho the conclusion was to remove the clam and scrub with a brush and rinse well, then return to display... Well the day I posted that my clams decided to walk to each other and have sewn together so I got a 2 for 1 deal going on, and never messed with the aptasia...:( anyways about 30 min after I finished scaping my copperband had lunch!!!!!:) :) :) :) I am so mad I missed it but there gone the big and small.... I have a new best friend lol... I have tried everything with aptasia and never had any luck, bought the copperband to control a feather duster issue I had and that was taken care of the aptasia was a bonus!!!!:)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha!!!!! Just got a email with a tracking number for my plumbing parts.... Lol lol...
Man one of the sponsers on here needs to start stocking tank jets.... Everyone that has ever seen my tank asks where I get them and I use them for every build I do... I can't recommend this place anymore it's just nuts!!!! If you vendors stop buy I would love to see one of you guys carry them....

Back