Trying Out Dad's Other Hobby. What Does Everyone Else Do For Fun?

skim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ham Radio ( Amateur Radio ), Model Railroading and Music well not so much now I really really really miss playing my Drums. No room for them and I don't think the neighbors would like it vey much.

IC7600.jpg

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ham Radio ( Amateur Radio ), Model Railroading and Music well not so much now I really really really miss playing my Drums. No room for them and I don't think the neighbors would like it vey much.

IC7600.jpg
Sweet! You're the second ameture radio guy so far, maybe you and @Harry_Y could discuss fish stuff over the radio! Lol, if that could even work. What's the reach with one of those bad boys? I don't know who they are or what they use, but I've heard of pilots throwing in a frequency and getting a hold of someone who will actually make a phone call to a number you give them. Then whoever it is in the aircraft and whoever it is on the phone can have a little chat. Radios can be pretty cool.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love cooking things on my smoker (i make a mean brined beerbutt chicken) and then playing MMORPG's with my fiancee.

IMAG0206.jpg
Great, now I'm hungry with three hours to go till lunch... thanks lol. What do you play? Anything in specific?

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Garrett W.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great, now I'm hungry with three hours to go till lunch... thanks lol. What do you play? Anything in specific?
Haha sorry? I'm making myself hungry as well.
me and the fiancee have been playing FF XIV for almost a year now and loving it. She loves to craft and run dungeons while I'm the raider.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Old school film photography using Hasselblad 500 cm , Fuji 690 and an amazing Zero Image 4x5 pinhole camera.
Develop films in my bathroom and print them onto photo papers in my local darkroom .
However , nothing compares to reefing :D

http://www.dripbook.com/abhishekdasgupta/photography-portfolio/patterns-around-us/

Regards,
Abhishek
Photography and reefing are two hobbies that seem to go very well together. The extent of my photography ends with my phone, I have contemplated getting a nicer camera for the sole purpose of taking better pictures of my coral.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6524.JPG
Scuba diving and DJing
I've always wanted to go scuba diving... seeing everything in its natural environment would be very cool. Have you seen anything down there that's inspired something in your tank?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • None.

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back