Trying Out Dad's Other Hobby. What Does Everyone Else Do For Fun?

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Braap!

IMG_5434.JPG
Sometimes this is how i get to work ;)
IMG_5435.JPG

IMG_5436.JPG

I take time to rock out, here is some of my favorite pics.

Raamstein
IMG_5438.JPG

IMG_5437.JPG

Disturbed
IMG_5439.JPG

Godsmack
IMG_5442.JPG

Cake
IMG_5444.JPG

DKM
IMG_5445.JPG

KORN
IMG_5446.JPG

In This Moment
IMG_5449.JPG

Motörhead RIP Lemmy
IMG_5457.JPG

Anthrax - great expression on Scott
IMG_5455.JPG

Slipknot
IMG_5458.JPG
Nice taste in music!!;)
Have seen all of them myself ... Love Love Love Rammstein and Disturbed!!!!!!;):)

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks like one serious game of water Polo! Ha ha, what are you guys actually doing though?

Messing around with this at home and at the racetrack.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1480083859.062556.jpg
Man oh man, if only... I could have sweet jet powered model freaking airplanes like you do! :) but seriously, amazing tank, sick looking car, and ridiculously fun looking jets!

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Braap!

IMG_5434.JPG
Sometimes this is how i get to work ;)
IMG_5435.JPG

IMG_5436.JPG

I take time to rock out, here is some of my favorite pics.

Raamstein
IMG_5438.JPG

IMG_5437.JPG

Disturbed
IMG_5439.JPG

Godsmack
IMG_5442.JPG

Cake
IMG_5444.JPG

DKM
IMG_5445.JPG

KORN
IMG_5446.JPG

In This Moment
IMG_5449.JPG

Motörhead RIP Lemmy
IMG_5457.JPG

Anthrax - great expression on Scott
IMG_5455.JPG

Slipknot
IMG_5458.JPG
I like your taste in music! Snowmobiles on the other hand... never been on one. Ha ha I don't trust myself on things that go fast that don't include a metal cage around me.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1398908_222983061210748_1480350123_o.jpg

Had to give up flying due to medical problems, so I had to find another money pit, thus reefing .
That is unfortunate. I'm sure it's a blast to fly those things!
Ha ha, well I think out of all the money pits you could've chosen you chose the right one :)

I keep two freshwater tanks in my spare time away from the saltwater. :rolleyes:o_O
And finally! We get another freshwater keeper (that actually admits it ;)) here's two of my favorite freshwater buddies.

Tf9YkGH.jpeg

LXS9vj3.jpeg

helen ann

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is unfortunate. I'm sure it's a blast to fly those things!
Ha ha, well I think out of all the money pits you could've chosen you chose the right one :)

And finally! We get another freshwater keeper (that actually admits it ;)) here's two of my favorite freshwater buddies.

Tf9YkGH.jpeg

LXS9vj3.jpeg
I admit ... Freshwater Keeper!;)

TomToro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, the McIntosh! Sweet sound like nothing else. Tubes warm the tones. Awesome!

I'm a little bit of a vintage audiophile. Plus, a Maltese owner. I wanted a boxer and my wife wanted a Maltese, so like any good husband I agreed to meet in the middle and get a Maltese... heh....

IMG_0946.JPG

McIntosh MC275 Tube Amp:

IMG_0941.JPG

62' McIntosh MX110 Tube Preamp and Receiver:

IMG_0942.JPG

'74 JVC QF-Y55 with a '74 Audiotechnica AT20SLA cartridge:

IMG_0943.JPG

'89 Klipsch Chorus II Speakers rebuilt tweets and mid-range tweets:

IMG_0947.JPG

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corvettes, Archery, Bass Fishing and Florida Vacations.
Nice variety! I read the "corvettes" at "cuvettes"... I've spent too much time on BRS the past few days :) anyway, what kind of bow do you prefer? Where in Florida do you like to go?

TomToro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Work!

Woodworking and home remodeling for me. Have gotten into building some furniture and currently working on bringing my new house up to date from the 90's.
before and after of kitchen remodel and last summer's project 12x16 shed thumbnail_IMG_0149.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1336.jpg thumbnail_IMG_0709.jpg

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice taste in music!!;)
Have seen all of them myself ... Love Love Love Rammstein and Disturbed!!!!!!;):)

Thanks! Raamstein was the most epic show. I rate it over TOOL, which are well know to have the best show. I have a few more pics ill pull up. Sleds are wicked fun, we do some crazy stuff on them. Ive got 3 sleds. 600cc, 700cc, and a 4stroke turbo. I live on a lake so once the ice shacks are out there im wide open ;) the shacks let me know of the safety of the lake and helps as markers.

I like your taste in music! Snowmobiles on the other hand... never been on one. Ha ha I don't trust myself on things that go fast that don't include a metal cage around me.

Thanks, Music is a huge part of my life!

I have had some close calls on sleds. I had to stop riding for a few years and "grow up". Now im 40, sore and stiff. Not jumping much anymore but still get a rush from speed, so the lake is fo me. Ive been 110 on my turbo, and 105 on my 600cc.

TomToro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice variety! I read the "corvettes" at "cuvettes"... I've spent too much time on BRS the past few days :) anyway, what kind of bow do you prefer? Where in Florida do you like to go?
Hey Ty,
I was trying to post pics, but it failed. Too slow, lol. I'll try again in a minute. Anyway, I like the Barnett Bows the best. I had a Bear before, but just bought a crossbow. A lot easier for this old guy to use in the field.

The best place for me in Florida is Called Lover's Key. Its just south of Ft. Myers Beach and north of Bonita Springs. I'm kinda bias cause we rent our condos out when we're not there. but we go as often as we can afford.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's some quick pics of my hobbies:

20140328_175559.jpg 20160329_143154.jpg client_PART_1461091157713_20160419_131423.jpeg 20161019_183755.jpg imagejpeg_2.jpg IMG_0412.jpg
Very cool stuff, those crossbows look like serious business! Also your spot in Florida looks like one heck of a vacation spot! I lived near Pensacola for about a year and sometimes miss the Florida beaches and rainstorms.

govolsguy31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how many of us there actually are. It's gotta be over half. To the polls!
I've got a 55gal pentagon corner tank with angels, leaf fish and a handful of other barbs and tetras. It's fully planted and has some driftwood. The we've got one stereotypical goldfish tank that the Mrs's claims. I'll post pics when we get back to town Sunday.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm an outdoorsman without a doubt. I hike, fish, joyride in boats, do fishing guiding trips, and I recently picked up duck hunting. I like to keep the mind working outside of reefing and being a full time fish biologist!
Very cool! What kind of stuff do you work on as a biologist? At some point in my life I'd like to get involved in this industry somehow, more so than just owning a tank of course...

ScottyMcReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! What kind of stuff do you work on as a biologist? At some point in my life I'd like to get involved in this industry somehow, more so than just owning a tank of course...

I got a BS degree in Zoology/ fisheries management and that was just the beginning. It is a very tough job market that is for sure! With the US Fish and Wildlife I worked with the control of asian carp in the midwest waterways (Yeah....good luck stopping those invasives! lol), I now work for a private wildlife preserve where I run hatchery studies, lake management studies, and currently breaking ground on a greenhouse for all sorts of aquaponics research with game species fish. Aquaponoics is awesome, I seriously take my knowledge from the reefing side and use it for my aquaponic system builds. Anyway, there are a lot of state run volunteer positions out there (Not here in Illinois because they suck and are dropping all of the Natural resource positions), but they are out there!

@Ty Hamatake

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a BS degree in Zoology/ fisheries management and that was just the beginning. It is a very tough job market that is for sure! With the US Fish and Wildlife I worked with the control of asian carp in the midwest waterways (Yeah....good luck stopping those invasives! lol), I now work for a private wildlife preserve where I run hatchery studies, lake management studies, and currently breaking ground on a greenhouse for all sorts of aquaponics research with game species fish. Aquaponoics is awesome, I seriously take my knowledge from the reefing side and use it for my aquaponic system builds. Anyway, there are a lot of state run volunteer positions out there (Not here in Illinois because they suck and are dropping all of the Natural resource positions), but they are out there!

@Ty Hamatake
That. Is some cool stuff. I'm going to have to look around! Seems like a great way to expand your knowledge on both sides!

Back