Trying Out Dad's Other Hobby. What Does Everyone Else Do For Fun?

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

Hi, my name is Ty and I'm a Reefer...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When in no busy with the tank soon to be here baby my other hobby is mudding with my monster as we call it 1480610508680.jpg
That is sick. I used to go with my friends when I was a kid. One day we were out in my like 1980 dodge ram van and decided that is was a good idea to try it in that thing. There was one puddle (pretty much a small pond) in particular that we were saving for the end... we hit it going like 30 mph. About half way through we were down to 10, and barely made it out the other side. Then the van started acting weird and just made it to a gas station parking lot before it died. We then proceeded to clean the entire thing with windshield scrubbers to get rid of the evidence just in case it decided not to start again. Long story short, we think the distributor cap got wet and wait in that parking lot for like two hours before driving home :) it was fun.

coralosity351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is sick. I used to go with my friends when I was a kid. One day we were out in my like 1980 dodge ram van and decided that is was a good idea to try it in that thing. There was one puddle (pretty much a small pond) in particular that we were saving for the end... we hit it going like 30 mph. About half way through we were down to 10, and barely made it out the other side. Then the van started acting weird and just made it to a gas station parking lot before it died. We then proceeded to clean the entire thing with windshield scrubbers to get rid of the evidence just in case it decided not to start again. Long story short, we think the distributor cap got wet and wait in that parking lot for like two hours before driving home :) it was fun.
Thanks we like it a lot it is an 89 still needs lot of tlc though

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is quite an interesting thread to read through, looks like a very diverse group of members. I'm new to the saltwater game (been in it about 5 mos), but my first true passion is farming and showing livestock, been at that for about 2 decades! 2012 state fair aca.jpg
You're definitely right about the diversity. There have only been a couple people with similar interests, but I don't think any two have been exactly the same. Also, that's a good looking cow (never thought I'd say that ;)).

boating and stand up PWC!

IMAG0175 by Andrew Matlack, on Flickr

IMAG0142 by Andrew Matlack, on Flickr

IMAG0073 by Andrew Matlack, on Flickr
That looks like a while lot of fun. How fast do those things go?

R33FLIF3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're definitely right about the diversity. There have only been a couple people with similar interests, but I don't think any two have been exactly the same. Also, that's a good looking cow (never thought I'd say that ;)).

That looks like a while lot of fun. How fast do those things go?
45-55 mph i have a few pwc...RACER LAKE<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
ride spot vid Markham Park FL(i was flying drone) so i had no skis out but thats my boat and my bro driving...
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DJMaximus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. I am mechanically illiterate, but I have a couple good buddies that love to ride. I'm just assuming you do, but what kind of bike do you have?
I ride a 98 FLHRCI which is a Harley-Davidson Roadking fuel injected with an Evolution motor. I only ride no other vehicle for 5 years now. I live by Houston so I can ride year round so I'm lucky there.

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amateur Radio
Getting back into photography.
I don't know how I didn't see this until now! How does amateur radio work? Do you just pick an open frequency and broadcast on it, or am I way off? :)

ChrisAndJulie2012

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My "other" hobbies would have to include raising our three boys; two of which are twins, to be gentlemen in this crazy world we live in. Working on our home that my wife grew up in, which was built by her grandfather and uncles. And if there is any $ left over I try to keep my 1986 Chevy K10 going. Our now almost 4 yr old has claimed it as his.

15726482_10154894856510990_5011263484361184784_n.jpg

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My "other" hobbies would have to include raising our three boys; two of which are twins, to be gentlemen in this crazy world we live in. Working on our home that my wife grew up in, which was built by her grandfather and uncles. And if there is any $ left over I try to keep my 1986 Chevy K10 going. Our now almost 4 yr old has claimed it as his.

15726482_10154894856510990_5011263484361184784_n.jpg
Nice truck! I have three kids as wells, no twins though. I can only imagine...

epstein

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hobbies include....

Track days with my Supercharged Camaro that I built......
camaro drag.jpg camarosc.jpg
Hiking with these 2 clowns.....(giant schnauzers)
pooch2.jpg pooch2.jpg

Dusting off my Old girl and new ones too... and going shooting....(old duty gun)

sigsauer.jpg

OP
OP
Ty Hamatake

Ty Hamatake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hobbies include....

Track days with my Supercharged Camaro that I built......
camaro drag.jpg camarosc.jpg
Hiking with these 2 clowns.....(giant schnauzers)
pooch2.jpg pooch2.jpg

Dusting off my Old girl and new ones too... and going shooting....(old duty gun)

sigsauer.jpg
What a list! What did you used to do?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back