Tuning your CalRx | Alternate method thats too easy

Singlefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks good. You can slow it down a little. See if you ph will drop within range. Do you have an apex controlling it?

Singlefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is. The tubing & valve I have coming off my 2nd chamber is big. Thinking of changing it to the smaller diameter one.

Singlefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My effluent is probably on the less potent side. If I dropped my PH range and had a more concentrated effluent, I would need to slow down my flow.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My effluent is probably on the less potent side. If I dropped my PH range and had a more concentrated effluent, I would need to slow down my flow.

i thought was to keep the effluent constant and change the bubble count and the ph level ?

Singlefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Takes me about 6 months to burn half the media. Then I'll clean it out and refill.

Singlefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't watched the video in a while, but one major problem people had w reactors has been the effluent hose would get clogged because there was only drips coming out. Any small particles could plug it and throw everything off. What he was trying to say in the video was to keep your effluent pretty open so it would eliminate clogging. I can't do it because I have a huge tube. (Too lazy to change). (I'll probably change it on my next cleaning). With the effluent at a constant rate, you're dropping your ph to get a potency or concentration (for lack of a Better word) to match your tank consumption.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my ph kept getting stuck at 7.5 and have not moved since for the past few hours

Singlefin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set it at 7.0. Test. Wait 24hrs. If your calcium isn't stable, drop it down to 6.9. Wait 24hrs. Test. Slowly bring you ph up or down to match your tank consumption.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set it at 7.0. Test. Wait 24hrs. If your calcium isn't stable, drop it down to 6.9. Wait 24hrs. Test. Slowly bring you ph up or down to match your tank consumption.

i am using apex and the ph probe that is attached to the CR is measuring at 7.5 it is not coming down

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am using intense co2 valve and it does not allow me to change the psi and i have put it to 2 bubbles per sec

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 67 34.4%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back