Tyree Orange rainbows Zoanthids

kuansreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are Tyree and SC orange rainbows the same Zoa? Anyone knows or have compared them? Thanks!

brandon85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are Tyree and SC orange rainbows the same Zoa? Anyone knows or have compared them? Thanks!

Its a sexy piece, that tyree dub. one in the same tyree is just a guy who says a corals worth butting his name on something.
same as the cb infusion its a paly of a thousand names.

show time

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last time i compared them they look the same but i can be wrong. Many corals people just rename them.

brandon85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OG SC orange Rainbow

Attachments

• IMG_20130504_114429-1.jpg
    IMG_20130504_114429-1.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 2,082

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are the same polyp, people send their coral to tyree then he reviews it and decides if it's worth putting his name in too. So they are tyree sc LE orange rainbows, it's really just a marketing gimmick. But the coral does need to be nice to get the le tyree label.

PolandSpring

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a sexy piece, that tyree dub. one in the same tyree is just a guy who says a corals worth butting his name on something.
same as the cb infusion its a paly of a thousand names.

You think CB Infusions and 'Tyree SC LE' Orange Rainbows are the same?

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You think CB Infusions and 'Tyree SC LE' Orange Rainbows are the same?

I have the tyree ones and the CB ones maybe sexy corals should send me the SC version so i can do a side by side by side lol. On my tank the CB ones are bigger, the tyree are smaller and grow very fast. I even put them next to each other for like 5 months to see if they turn the same and they stayed as before. Come one sexy send me some!!!!!!!
This is the old picture...... How sad after I changed to all LEDs my GOW shrunk and look horrible I think I burned them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8507908245_847df342fb_b.jpg

brandon85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the orange rainbows fully mature yes i think they are the same. if you cut a mature polyp of both and mount them on a bright white disk look and see what you get. I am not trying to start a war or anything, thats just how I see it.

brandon85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also if i keep either on the bottom i get more purple and higher they attain a more "sunny d look"...

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the orange rainbows fully mature yes i think they are the same. if you cut a mature polyp of both and mount them on a bright white disk look and see what you get. I am not trying to start a war or anything, thats just how I see it.
That's what i thought but after 5 months they still look the same.

weaponsofmassdesign

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the tyree ones and the CB ones maybe sexy corals should send me the SC version so i can do a side by side by side lol. On my tank the CB ones are bigger, the tyree are smaller and grow very fast. I even put them next to each other for like 5 months to see if they turn the same and they stayed as before. Come one sexy send me some!!!!!!!
This is the old picture...... How sad after I changed to all LEDs my GOW shrunk and look horrible I think I burned them!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8507908245_847df342fb_b.jpg

The Tyrees are from Sexy Corals. Read the link that Mike posted in post #6. The Reeffarmers site has some cool history on all the Tyree labeled corals.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Tyrees are from Sexy Corals. Read the link that Mike posted in post #6. The Reeffarmers site has some cool history on all the Tyree labeled corals.

Very cool. Looking forward to meeting them at macna.

Ai71

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice indeed. Ive just recently got myself an sc orange rainbow its colours are amazing, although not quite as nice as those lol

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CB is different from Sexy's.
Should put a frag of each together and see if they grow/fuse into one colony. It's the best way to find out. I'm curious as well. Lmk when you can frag an infusion! I'd like to test it out myself and see the difference.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back