Use of Lasers in Controlling Pest Algae and Corals

Waterjockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me where you purchased it?

I bought mine from lucklaser.com.
It does not come with batteries, you need to purchase them elsewhere. I bought 4 batteries (two sets) and the charger from ebay

william scott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a two watt blue laser to kill Majano in my 90 gallon tank. It usually takes three or four burnings to completely get rid of them.

jlw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to keep stirring the pot or anything, but lasers are incredibly fun to use against flat worms on the tank wall ... SNAP! CRACKLE! POP!

I have no flat worms any more, but I do have a problem crediting the laser. I don't know with certainty why they disappeared, but I am accepting it.

D0661E750

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm. If I have to kill these pests manually, I'll have to pull all my LR out and kill them or inject them one by one.:confused::confused::confused: 400 gal tank would be a pain.

Don't really wanna go this route but I've been wondering if I switch to FOWLR and get fish who would eat these pests (majano/ Aiptasia)

Any fish recommendation?
Angel's and triggers?

Last edited:

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Don't really wanna go this route but I've been wondering if I switch to FOWLR and get fish who would eat these pests (majano/ Aiptasia)

Any fish recommendation?
Angel's and triggers?

Several different butterfly and file fish will eat them.
Kleins, and Raccoon Butterfly's and the Matted Filefish

Bluesli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How strong does the Laser have to be in order to kill aptaisia?
Dont know anything about lasers but i know My uncle has one that's green and can light matches and pop balloons, I'm sure it's not as powerful as yours but i wonder if it would work?
I think it can't do that, with existing technology, green laser is difficult to achieve higher power, and blue laser is easier to do, I think blue laser at least above 1000mw in order to kill aptaisia, blue laser is really "burning laser".

daftwazzock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im getting one, not gonna play this game with hydroids

I'd prefer to stock the tank with natural predators but no one seems to know what eats hydroids. Maybe we should get more marine biologists on this board ;Hilarious

PREPARE TO FIRE THE LASER

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back