skybears

skybears

Lovin it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1481782876768.jpeg
almost done sanding then it's time to stain and getting ready to put those three tanks on the stand and wait

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side ways is the best ;)

OP
OP
skybears

skybears

Lovin it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the stain is now on and I'm patiently waiting for it to dry so I can put the ladder on top of it I have cleaned all the brand new fish tanks ready to go on :for the hospital tank the quarantine tank and the family fish tank.... it's just killing me waiting for this thing to dry I want to paint paint paint

OP
OP
skybears

skybears

Lovin it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So finally getting into it with being gone for a month I ordered the hanging protein skimmers Cool Wave makers and the heaters, I'm wondering though am I missing something that those tanks would need . so today my mission is to get the hospital tank the quarantine tank and the miscellaneous tank all up and running I've made progress on the larger stand and will post pictures of that later today

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need some hiding places in your QT and HT in the form of PVC fittings and pipes.

OP
OP
skybears

skybears

Lovin it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need some hiding places in your QT and HT in the form of PVC fittings and pipes.
Is there a recommended size should I use, corner pieces, straight pieces or just a variety
Thank you for your help and then I kind of got myself stumped a little bit

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, don't get stumped.
The sizes depends on the size fish you keep in there.
IMO I wouldn't go smaller than 1".
I have 1" and up to 2" in there.
45's, 90's, straight and T's.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used 1/2" for small, slim fish like royal grammas and shrimp gobies...

Can't wait to see what you do with that nautical wood & trim!

~Bruce

OP
OP
skybears

skybears

Lovin it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the midst of building stands and everything I'm having to rework all of my initial plans since I decided to go 100 gallon main with a hundred gallons stump I'm realizing that I need some pumps that can push serious water, so I'm back to the drawing board again because now I'm having to rework my powerheads my pumps and my fittings, none of my tanks are drilled because I don't know how to do that so I'm trying to find some submersible pumps because I think that's the right I'm going to have to go with my sump refugium I need to start figuring out where I'm putting walls and how high and low they need to be. And then it brings me to the same issue that I've had this whole time about my protein skimmer. So much studying so much reading oh my God I'm loving it.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow Vamesss a 100 gallon :eek:
So exciting.

OP
OP
skybears

skybears

Lovin it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh wow Vamesss a 100 gallon :eek:
So exciting.
Well I've always had the hundred gallon main but initially I was starting out with a 75 gallon sump, I did go ahead and pick up another hundred gallon for my sump refugium, but that also puts me back to the drawing board I'm still very excited though. The bad part about my long stay in the hospital as I had lost my memory but it's only comes back piece by piece so it's kind of an adventure redesigning what I thought I had done once

OP
OP
skybears

skybears

Lovin it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after taking a couple months hiatus:eek:, I am Rock and ready to go I'm still adjusting some final things on the hospital day the quarantine tank and the goldfish tank with that mostly complete I'm really working hard on getting the main stand sanded and start getting ready to assemble. It's really funny because I'll do some research and think that's what I'm going to do and then next day I look at something else and think oh should I try that so I think I'm going to spend a couple hours going through some old articles again and seeing what best fits me that's the problem when you take a Hiatus when you come back it starts all over again:D so glad to be back:p

OP
OP
skybears

skybears

Lovin it
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ so back to it again we finally got the hospital tank and the quarantine tank done we realize that we're going to have to put a back panel on the stand we made sure that there was enough room above the tanks for lights and everything but I didn't quite think of everything that I was going to need to hang off the back so that's one of the newest little projects second of all I've looked at a lot of equipment that I have and I've decided to change my ways and some of the things so what I'm going to be doing over the next week is taking some of the items that I have and driving the three and a half hours to go to a local fish tank and then going to bring my items to compare to the newer items so I can get a hands on feel and touch and see what they're actually like during this time I will be taking videos and posting pictures of our trips of comparing equipment find an easier way to hang the controls of your equipment behind your stands and you get the wonderful satisfaction of seeing me being silly, but it'll be fun and very excited I will post pictures tomorrow of the completed hospital and I want you to take a look at the stand turned out beautiful. I was very impressed so now we're still working on that 90 main and the 90 sump stands. So I thought I would make this build a little bit more interesting and let you guys see my spreadsheets the books and some of the stuff that I have used to compare the equipment for what I think I would like to come out with then I would love and put on how you feel that Equipment Works I will be posting lots of pictures lots of videos lots of questions and I can't wait to rock on with it. So see you tomorrow

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.7%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 97 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back