Vertex Illumina Official Thread

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I came home today to find the tank looking different. Noticed only half of the LEDs lit on one side of each pad and the aux pads were not on. I checked the drivers and the one plugged into port 2 was out. I have one on order. My question is; I moved the working driver from port 1 to port 2 but the LEDs and aux pads didn't start. Will port 2 not work if port 1 isn't powered?

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An update to my last question. I guess it has been answered. The new driver arrived. I plugged it in and walla, all LEDs are on. Figures a driver would crash after the warrantee period. Light was purchased around 12/2012. Almost made it 3 years. Not a Vertex issue since the drivers are Mean Well. At least it's a common driver and I don't have to purchase a driver specific to this light only.

Last edited:

infinityends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have a current contact for support at proline? Tried Jen and got a bounce back.

May as well post my questions here and see if anyone has any info for me.

I'm running a SR260 3' fixture over my 90g. I have 4 of the multicolor pads added in.

- I haven't heard any news about the vertex illumina 2 unit since the european trade show about a year and a half ago. Has anyone heard anything about if this is even still in development or if vertex just decided to get out of making lighting all together since the older units are no longer sold either.

- I've had occasional issues where my vertex randomly will rather than start normally in the morning, have the first pad (on the side with power cord) turn on the white very strong, while the other pads appear to be starting normal daily east to west program. Performing a factory reset on the unit and reloading my program fixes the issue, but it will re-occur anywhere from 2-6 months later regardless of if I have made any adjustments to the light settings or programming or not since. (I did just update my v-link firmware this morning, I didn't realize that it was out of date, not sure if that might help at all. It does seem like tweaking programming often causes this to stat happening though.

- Last one. Firmware shows as 2162, which shows as the current version according to vertex site, although that is a fairly old update at this point. The boot loader version shows as 1759, not sure if that is correct or if that should line up with firmware version. Just wanted to double check that the boot loader is on the correct version in case that has anything to do with my random issues requiring resets.

Bennett Ladenheim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke with JL Aquatics (Vertex's Canadian distributor) a few days ago and expressed similar concerns regarding Vertex's ongoing existence re: lighting, etc. and was given a U.S. contact in California that follows (I have not attempted to contact them directly yet but I have no reason to believe this is not valid info; if you are successful in reaching them, please advise us all with what you learn):

[email protected]

Good luck!

infinityends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heard back. No word given on the new units, still hoping that they are in development, but who knows. They did say that updates will continue to be released for the older units as problems are found. I have a hard time believing that there aren't pending issues that need to be addressed with an update after this much time. But its good to hear that they haven't officially abandoned support of the illuminas.

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I have a pad randomly go off the program like that, I usually just switch the power strip off where the light is plugged in. I wait like 20 - 30 seconds and switch it back on. It usually fixes it. It's too bad the programming has glitches like this.

JDavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just passed the 4 year in service mark on my SR360. Finally had a Pad go out. Any extra Blue/White pads out there? Easy to replace?

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just passed the 4 year in service mark on my SR360. Finally had a Pad go out. Any extra Blue/White pads out there? Easy to replace?
I talked with the Vertex guys at MACNA and they still have parts available. I don't know if you're trying to find something on the cheap but you should be able to contact BRS for the Vertex contact or see if they would order the pad for you.

JDavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been in contact with their service rep here in the states. The pads are $250 ea + shipping... way more than I wanted to spend. At this price, I could part mine out and get my money back! If anyone has an extra that they are willing to sell reasonably I'm interested. From what I've been told, an SR260 pad will also work. Color is slightly different and depending on your set-up, you could be over-driving it. Will work though. The one function you may loose would be the East to West/ West to East settings. Something about recognizing pads and their location within the programing.

Here's the Service Rep info:
Adam Schoenfeld
Sales Representative/
Warranty and Tech Support Services
Vertex Technologies Inc.
5445 Oceanus Drive Suite 107
Huntington Beach, CA, 92649
[email protected]

Aside from the price, they did respond quickly.

** Looking for another Blue/White SR360 Pad! PM Me!

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an illumina fixture (300-260) that won't light up/screen won't light up either. Reset the pads and swapped the screen with a working one still no dice. Could it be the power supply even though the pads flash when I reset them ?? Oh also took the screen out of the non working unit and put it into the working unit and the screen worked although the date was rolled back to Jan 2000. Any ideas?

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an illumina fixture (300-260) that won't light up/screen won't light up either. Reset the pads and swapped the screen with a working one still no dice. Could it be the power supply even though the pads flash when I reset them ?? Oh also took the screen out of the non working unit and put it into the working unit and the screen worked although the date was rolled back to Jan 2000. Any ideas?
Have you swapped the power supply?

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Cali9dub also forgot to mention. The 0 pad controls all the others. You might change out the 0 pad with the working one to see what it does. Just a thought. Sometimes the 0 pad will get corrupted.

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet. I'll have rip into them again to do that. I was thinking power supply as well, but wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar.
One of my drivers went bad. I have the 900 SR260. There should be a blue light on the driver when plugged in. I ordered the mean well driver and I was good to go.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back