Very low Alk, corals ok?!

cb684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up and measured alk this morning and it was 4.87 dKH! Apparently, my 5-gallon bucket was empty for a few days. Interestingly the corals are fine, normal PE, normal colors.
I have seen 6.05 dKH with corals doing fine before, but never this low.
The measurement seems accurate, I double checked, and checked the reagent with a control sample from Fauna Marine.
Have any of you seen something like this before?

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep,
I manual dose in my frag tanks and when I be gone for three weeks or so that happens.
I just dose kalkwasser in my ATO and start the manual up again and be fine after two weeks.
As long it will go slow.
Any fast drop in ALK or jump will be bad.
Last time some one picked up a Space Invader and the dude almost had a heart attack when he got home and measured my water with ALK at 4.1 :eek:
The thing is I have a brand new GHL stand alone doser and a GEO 624 CaRx sitting in the corner but don't want to hook it up.
My DT is taken care of just working on the No3 auto dosing and my AWC as I just purchased a Cole-parmer medical doser with a double head.

OP
OP
cb684

cb684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I have been using a Cole-Parmer with a double head for AWC for about one year now. I do 8 mL per minute constant water change in my 300 gallons. I only had to change the tubing once so far. Works really well.

About the alk, that is exactly what I am doing. I programmed the doser to add 20% more so it will take about a week to correct it.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 62 84.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.1%
Back