Vibrant cleaner

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just recieved my shipment of vibrant and dosed my tank lets see what happens. No joke im kinda excited to see what or if anything happens
lets see it....may as well track it here.

OP
OP
Ken C

Ken C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE: after two days I am not seeing much of an improvement. On a side note its was pretty bad so I will keep waiting and since it says to dose once a week maybe after a second dose I will see some action

ChiCity

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
UPDATE: after two days I am not seeing much of an improvement. On a side note its was pretty bad so I will keep waiting and since it says to dose once a week maybe after a second dose I will see some action
If it's possible, I would try to manually remove as much as I could to minimize spikes when it does start to decompose

Brandon42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a horrible GHA outbreak in my tank I have been battling for awhile now pretty much tried everything only to knock it back and have it come right back. I ordered vibrant this week as well, I should receive it on Saturday so I will add how it works for me as well! There is a thread on here with a ton of positive reviews a couple of them said for the really bad stuff it took about 10 days and still required some manual removal but the algae would just disintegrate. Let's hope it works as good as they say!

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:) Yea pics!
Mine gets here Tuesday so Ill be starting a thread soon

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen any change with how your skimmer is performing?

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be patient, I am on dose #4 and I am not cleaning the glass every other day. Its been 5 days since I cleaned the glass. My main issue is red cayno and has been my issue. I figure I will not see results for another week or two. From what I am see it takes a little longer depending on how bad the outbreak is. I am dosing twice a week. Just did an update on my build thread.

Brandon42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be patient, I am on dose #4 and I am not cleaning the glass every other day. Its been 5 days since I cleaned the glass. My main issue is red cayno and has been my issue. I figure I will not see results for another week or two. From what I am see it takes a little longer depending on how bad the outbreak is. I am dosing twice a week. Just did an update on my build thread.

If the vibrant doesn't knock out the cyano after many failed attempts and trials with cyano myself the one product that actually wiped it out and I have never seen it in my tank sense was KZ cyanoclean. It is a similar product to vibrant only a more specific strain of bacteria I think. For $14 dollars though it was well worth it. That's why I have high hopes for vibrant because it's a similar concept and cyanoclean worked wonders for me.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the vibrant doesn't knock out the cyano after many failed attempts and trials with cyano myself the one product that actually wiped it out and I have never seen it in my tank sense was KZ cyanoclean. It is a similar product to vibrant only a more specific strain of bacteria I think. For $14 dollars though it was well worth it. That's why I have high hopes for vibrant because it's a similar concept and cyanoclean worked wonders for me.

Hey thank you for the heads up:) I think everyone expects something to happen immediately, and when it does not they are disappointed. I would rather have a slower response than fast an as I stated earlier I figure about 1 to more weeks on the red slim and it should start going away:rolleyes::)

Brandon42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thank you for the heads up:) I think everyone expects something to happen immediately, and when it does not they are disappointed. I would rather have a slower response than fast an as I stated earlier I figure about 1 to more weeks on the red slim and it should start going away:rolleyes::)

I completely agree, bacteria doesn't work over night. The cyano clean took about a month to really notice the results, I expect about the same with vibrant.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely agree, bacteria doesn't work over night. The cyano clean took about a month to really notice the results, I expect about the same with vibrant.

+1

OP
OP
Ken C

Ken C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some before picks, yeah i tried manually removing alot but after a couple days its right back, i am afraid to do to much as once so that i dont distrub the balance to much

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back