OP
Ken C

Ken C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thank you for the heads up:) I think everyone expects something to happen immediately, and when it does not they are disappointed. I would rather have a slower response than fast an as I stated earlier I figure about 1 to more weeks on the red slim and it should start going away:rolleyes::)
Yeah i didnt expect anthing over night, so i fully expect a long process( but the bottle does say as little as 12 hours lol)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with Vibrant on Nov 1st and am still fighting issues but not nearly like I was before. I think it would have worked faster had I been more experienced and hadn't been fighting my skimmer so much. I lost a lot of progress when my skimmer overflowed a few times even though I was emptying it twice a day. It just couldn't keep up with the massive die off so I kept getting grow back. And then the cyano....

OP
OP
Ken C

Ken C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with Vibrant on Nov 1st and am still fighting issues but not nearly like I was before. I think it would have worked faster had I been more experienced and hadn't been fighting my skimmer so much. I lost a lot of progress when my skimmer overflowed a few times even though I was emptying it twice a day. It just couldn't keep up with the massive die off so I kept getting grow back. And then the cyano....
I didnt think about skimmer overflow, guess ill bring a bucket up for the overflow line when it really stars goin

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt think about skimmer overflow, guess ill bring a bucket up for the overflow line when it really stars goin
I would just keep an eye on it. Seems like mine was pretty extreme and I solved it mostly by raising my skimmer an extra inch. was able to skim drier that way.

K100286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dose 2X per week faster results. It took me 3 weeks for my hair algae to disappear. My main problem is algae bubbles and these are one of the last algae to be attacked. I have started to see them disappearing yesterday. Vibrant really works. Give it 6 to 8 dosings twice per week.

jeffrey holloway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
worked for me. I used it in a overstocked 40g holding tank. Have three large Tangs, two damsels, two clowns and a lawnmower blennie stuffed in there. Filtration: Fluval 406, Fluval 202, Marineland 200 Biowheel, Tunze 9004 shimmer and a vortex Diatom filter. weekly 50% water changes and still couldn't manage the algae. Added the vibrant and got good results right away. Of course I was overfeeding, my tangs are fat pigs that makes a ton of waste. Day 72 of my 150g 76 day fallow. May go a few extra days for peace of mind. The vibrant worked for me. I will keep some around for my QT and the holding tank.

lou dog420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worked great for me, but I did manually remove as much GHA as possible first. Be careful though, you can easily strip your water. It put a hurting on my fuge.

OP
OP
Ken C

Ken C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7 day update,

it has been one week with one only dose as per bottle, nothing noticeable, just a very little more skimmer action. so I will re-dose tonight and possible bump up to 2 doses a week

runzwithscissors

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any major issues with algae, just the normal minor stuff (film on glass, nasty stuff on the loc tite return). Added it to 2 of 3 tanks Saturday. I have no film on glass as of this am, had to clean the glass on the 3rd tank yesterday (didn't add to that tank).

I will say the corals have perked up..

I am a firm believer in not using chemicals to cure the ills of a tank except in the case of an emergency. I try and address the "cause" as much as possible. After seeing the ingredients I figured a little bacteria couldn't hurt.

It hasn't had a lot of effect on the return yet, but since I haven't used this product before I erred on the side of caution and cut back on the dose.

Saturday I'll repeat with the recommended dose. Looking forward to seeing how it fairs...

Last edited:

Chefbill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used (am using) Vibrant for GHA. It has taken 5 weeks to really put the hurting on it but it has gone from long, flowing clumps down to a few spots of fuzz. Also does a great job on water clarity and keeping your glass clean.

BlueCursor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using Vibrant but just as a way to re-introduce bacteria biodiversity in my tank. I does 2x/month. I don't have an algae problem in my tank, other than the glass issue. I did notice right after I dosed my favite brain colors really popped. It wasn't the kind if thing where "I think it looks better". It was dramatic. When I dosed the second time the same thing happened. Unfortunately, the effect only lasts half a day.

My horn coral blows up quite a bit when I dose. No other coral reactions. My glass stays cleaner longer.

OP
OP
Ken C

Ken C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: week 3 dose 3, water is cleaner less scrapping of the glass, still no real noticable changr with the algea. I did start pulling some rock out and manually cleaning them, not the purple is turning white. Ill keep dosing and cleaning till i get it right

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2894.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

Brandon42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: week 3 dose 3, water is cleaner less scrapping of the glass, still no real noticable changr with the algea. I did start pulling some rock out and manually cleaning them, not the purple is turning white. Ill keep dosing and cleaning till i get it right

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2894.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

I doubled my dose like a lot of people recommend and in 2 weeks I have noticeable difference in my gha. I have been manually removing it as well but as time goes on it seems to be getting easier to pull off. Have not noticed any change in any of my coraline.

OP
OP
Ken C

Ken C

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubled my dose like a lot of people recommend and in 2 weeks I have noticeable difference in my gha. I have been manually removing it as well but as time goes on it seems to be getting easier to pull off. Have not noticed any change in any of my coraline.
i noticed yesterday that some of the algea is starting to turn brown and slink off, and the coralline is starting to comeback now

blazedmasta

The Coral Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When dosing once a week is anyone having issues with keeping micro algae in a refugium? Like cheato.

Back