Vibrant Liquid Aquarium Cleaner- TEST

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R. My tank has gone a bit downhill since I went away, but now I am ready to become more aggressive with fixing it up.

Here I will document the progress of using Vibrant Aquarium Cleaner on my Red Sea Reefer 350.

http://www.uwcmn.com...quarium-cleaner

Product description (Shortened):

For years people have always asked us how we keep our aquariums so nice and clean. The answer was a simple response, we use our own homemade liquid aquarium cleaner. The next question would always be, do you sell it? The answer from us was always, no, it is for our use only.

Vibrant is a new revolutionary liquid aquarium cleaner. You can say goodbye to algae, cloudy water and that grungy, dirty aquarium and say hello to that sparkling, crystal clear, algae free, vibrant aquarium you have always wanted!

Vibrant is safe with all fish, corals and invertebrates.

Vibrant Dosing Instructions -

• For a very well taken care of, clean aquarium, add 1ml of Vibrant per 10 gallons of aquarium water once every 2 weeks.
  • For a dirtier aquarium, add 1ml of Vibrant per 10 gallons of aquarium water once per week.
  • If you are battling Bryopsis or Turf algae, dose 1ml of Vibrant two times per week.
  • There is no need to discontinue the use of any filtration while using Vibrant."

Here was my tank a few months ago (DSLR better photo).

And here it is now. Was very hesitant to post these photos, you know how proud I am of my tank and its just not going great. Algae algae algae, seems like some acros aren't doing as well either. Feeding has been cut back to a cube every other day in an attempt to starve out the algae, but that doesn't work either.

The corals look happy though. Only a select few smooth skin acros are suffering. There are new bulbs in the fixture, temperature 79-81 (I think my equipment is starting to overheat and fail due to lack of maintenance, I am going to have a 5 hour "redo" to clean EVERYTHING and take out the sump to see why its overheating. My pH is swinging more than it ever has, 7.8- 8.2. That makes me think its instability. I do not have test kits to see water parameters but will be going to my LFS and bringing a sample to check tomorrow.

I am trying a produce called Vibrant which has interesting reviews on R2R, first dose was yesterday. Because I think this is a "dirtier tank", I used 10ml of Vibrant and will do my next dose on Friday.

I created this thread to provide photos to show the effect of Vibrant, as well as to perhaps have tips to help me bring it back to its former "clean" state.

Disclaimer: I received this product for free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. The algaes growth and tanks reaction will not be influences by the cost of the product though!

Last edited:

Chris Adams

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good luck that is some ugly stuff :)
From the results I am seeing already I think a lot of people will be very happy.
A lot of us are just in the beginning stages of the tests so hopefully in the next months we will have 100's of posts and results. Just look at the Vibrant thread and how many people purchased the stuff. Everyone should be posting before and after at a minimum.

Beautiful tank

Kswish74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that's a beautiful tank. I get so frustrated with my algae!!!

iLLwiLL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good stuff, my bottle should be here in a few days. Gonna see how it handles some minor bubble algae problems I've been having.

Kswish74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep me updated, I can't get my algea under control! I have tried taking the Rock out and scrubbing it, and I tried phosogaurd, my phosphates won't go down. Pretty sure that's what's causing my algea

loz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following and keep updated please!

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good luck that is some ugly stuff :)
From the results I am seeing already I think a lot of people will be very happy.
A lot of us are just in the beginning stages of the tests so hopefully in the next months we will have 100's of posts and results. Just look at the Vibrant thread and how many people purchased the stuff. Everyone should be posting before and after at a minimum.

Beautiful tank

Dang that's a beautiful tank. I get so frustrated with my algae!!!

Good stuff, my bottle should be here in a few days. Gonna see how it handles some minor bubble algae problems I've been having.

Keep me updated, I can't get my algea under control! I have tried taking the Rock out and scrubbing it, and I tried phosogaurd, my phosphates won't go down. Pretty sure that's what's causing my algea

Following and keep updated please!

Thank you all for following! First photo update will be tomorrow, 5 days after my first dose.

I would like to mention that most of the corals are thriving per usual, just this darn algae from LegandaryAlgaes is whooping my butt!

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far, I dont see any effect of Vibrant. Bubble algae is still there, dinos are still there, turf algae is still there, everything.

Note:
Most of my snails have died.

Here are some photos of the algae remaining. The only noticeable change is that the green turf algae has turned brown, like its dying off perhaps. I am not sure as of yet.

Clam still has the same algae:

Weird algae on rocks, although it seems a little like its dying off?

Fuzzies:

Last edited:

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post your Nitrates, PO4 and Alk as your test progresses?

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for updating. When you are battling multiple algaes, you will see a bit slower results as it works its way through each species. Generally it will take out the easiest to rid algae strains first and work its way up the ladder to the most dominant.

RyanSweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the snails go (depending on what strain of dinos you have), they could've eaten and died from the dinos.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres a FTS

Can you post your Nitrates, PO4 and Alk as your test progresses?

What type and how many snails did you have and parameters would be nice too

I had 6 nassarius snails, two mexican turbos, probably like 12 margaritas, and a two year old cowrie that I really liked. Only snails that remain are banded trochus. Am I saying I'm sure it caused it? No, but thats the only new additive in my tank.

PO4 is 0.02 (hanna)
Nitrate 0 (Salifert)
Calcium 460 (Salifert)
Alkalinity 9.8 (Hanna)
Ph 7.9-8.3
Temp 78.7-79.2

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 22.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back