OP
Vidofner

Vidofner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving more sensitive corals over. Just chopped my green slimer acropora into 32 pieces haha
20170129_144404.jpg

Colors of corals are progressing nicely. Might not be a total suprise since they're moving from a tank which had two water changes in 9 months, over a year old t5s and high nutrients to a tank with fresh t5s, water change every week and a zeo reactor :) (fauna marin zeolight)

OP
OP
Vidofner

Vidofner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... it's been a while since i posted something. Moving alot of corals over from one tank to another really is more effort than I thought since I need to dip them all to ensure im not moving some AEFW over to the new tank. So far no aefw have been found thankfully.
Moving this many corals over makes my parameters go up and down alot which keeps me on my toes so I need to test and adjust pretty much every day.

I usually spend 1 - 2 hours a day with the tank so I'm abit exhausted to post much on boards.
This was my todo list today:
  • Feeding fish
  • Tested KH, calcium and magnesium on the new tank
  • Tested KH on the old tank
  • Added amino acids to the new tank
  • Added color elements to the new tank
  • Scooped up a goby in my overflow
  • Filling ro/di containers for the old tank
  • Mixed new KH balling
  • Mixed new calcium balling
  • Change my frag tanks lightning hanging kit so it doesn't sit so close to the surface
  • Adjusted herbie overflow on the frag tank
  • Adjusted mg parameters on new tank
  • Cleaned skimmer cup on old tank
  • Cleaned venturi to the skimmer pump on the old tank

Anyway... took some pictures :)

Tanks and fish

Acropora echinata or might be Acropora turaki

Acropora "blue dragon"

Not sure what kind of acro. Kinda looks like hyacinthus but also not

Acropora nasuta?

Acropora formossa

Bali green slimer (Acropora enzmann)

Stylopora sp.

Pocillopora sp

Acropora suharsonoi

Acropora sp.

Acropora sp.

OP
OP
Vidofner

Vidofner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished with my frag tank today. Installed the other frag rack I had laying around and secured the bulk heads so no snails or fish can efter the plumbing

OP
OP
Vidofner

Vidofner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Newborn daughter and house renovations has kept me from the tank for a while but today i dusted off the camera and took some pics.

Acropora microlados that I'll add to the main display soon

SSC Acropora microclados that i also should add to display soon aswell as sell some fraggs of

Acropora echinata/turaki (you tell me)

Pocillopora sp

Acropora suharsonoi which is starting to look really nice. Looked a little weak and thin before.

Acropra sp (possibly hyacinthus, but it looks to deep red for that) which has lost most of it's PE. Probably (hopefully) because of a nipping tricolor angel which I'm attempting to catch

OP
OP
Vidofner

Vidofner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6th post in a row, 5 with pictures and no reply. Is anyone out there?

OP
OP
Vidofner

Vidofner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a lot of frags. Are you starting over in the DT with frags instead of colonies?
For the most part yes. The staghorns i had was fragged down since they were pretty big and I didnt want them to start growing in a strange way which is a big risk since they will probably stand in a different flow. Some mother colonies have not been fragged though, like the ones in my last post.
My favorite coral which was a big gomezi i wanted to move whole but i found one pretty big aefw on it so i had to fragg it to be able to treat it easier. Otherwise i would need a whole 25L bucket everytime i wanted to dip it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gorgeous corals!

OP
OP
Vidofner

Vidofner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! How has your juvenile P. imperator been behaving with the corals?
Sorry for late reply. He's been behaving well. I almost only have acropora so that shouldn't be a problem. He's not alot bigger and yesterday i added a few more fish. Among them a pygoplites diacanthus.
20170801_191102.jpg

Took some shots of corals as well. They are mobile pics though so please bear in mind :)

This coral had massive polyp extension to other day. Really nice to see
20170728_213721.jpg

This "piece of trash" coral i just put in when i started up to see if I could handle SPS with a newly started system is actually looking really nice now.
20170801_202727.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Vidofner

Vidofner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm finalizing some renovations at home so finally I got a bit more time for my tank.
Went to my LFS last week and I was first in the store after a big shipment from Bali. Grabbed a few nice pieces (seen as picture, 3-5). Also bought a real nice baby blue deep water acro but it got damage because of the dipping so I didn't want to upload a picture like that. Crossing my fingers and hoping it will pull through.

Think I'm gonna have to move this one to less flow. Starting to grow too tight/dense/closely (unsure which word to use, haha. Help a swede out!?)

No idea why this pic got worse quality than the rest.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking very nice, man! Love the growth you're getting!

Micksfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful setup! Sorry if I missed it, but what are you using for chemicals for colors on this tank? Feeding anything else aside from Aminos? You can tell some amazing growth going on!

OP
OP
Vidofner

Vidofner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful setup! Sorry if I missed it, but what are you using for chemicals for colors on this tank? Feeding anything else aside from Aminos? You can tell some amazing growth going on!
Sorry for late reply. I use fauna marin zeolight which includes three bottles of color elements, amin acids and something similar to coral snow called coral balance as well as reef vitality which is organic nutrients for corals

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 64 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back