WARNING: Reef Plumbing Full of Bristle Worms

JBradford

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got one I saw stretched out to probably 5 inches last night but couldn't reach it with anything.

I bought a worm trap I'm going to try tonight. But I'd like a piece a livestock to keep them under control but it's no guarantee and they usually have ill non reef safe side effects.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This was one year ago and it’s worth to be featured again! Yum noodles!

120reefkeeper

Reef keeping with Military Precision!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was one year ago and it’s worth to be featured again! Yum noodles!

Just some things you need to see in life.

985b305098317ff7b70ddd92149fc34a.jpg

Pntbll687

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's gross!!

My mother in law had my 200g tank before she have it to me, and she had TONS of bristle worms.

We put all the live rock in buckets for about a day while we set up the tank, and there were thousands of worms in the buckets. I reused most of the rock. It took so months of light feeding to get them under control.

SashimiTurtle

Turtle
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a few small bristle worms in a nano I have just running as a half way frag tank... I say I had a few bristle worms because I bought cycled live rock from the tub at a LFS and I got all kinds of life. Feather dusters, pods, vermetids, bristle worms... more stuff I'm sure. When I moved my banded coral shrimp over there, I stopped seeing the bristle worms. I'm petty sure he ate them.

Charles Gibson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should have kept a 6 line wrasse in the tank. Keep flat worms and bristle worms in check. Tuff on small crabs and young snails though

Charles Gibson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should have kept a 6 line wrasse in there to keep flat worms and bristle worms in check. They are tuff on small crabs and young snails though so some trade off

VelasCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easily one of the nastiest things I have ever seen. Looks like ground beef coming out of that tube. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mandelstam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminds me of all those pimple squeezing and abscess slicing videos that you sit and watch over and over even though every other breath you take ends in a hurl. When fascination goes head to head with disgust in a never ending battle.

U

User1

View Badges
I remember seeing this last year sometime and was trying to figure out if it was intestinal or something of an oversight. Reason being is that one would have expected plumbing issues to be noticed at one time or another. Then again maybe ignorance is bliss. On that note I personally don't mind them and the more the merrier. My current 40 breeder seems to ebb and flow with regards to how many. It is a good indicator of my feeding habits and abuses. Population directly correlates to my over feeding or fish getting their summer time beach bodies on.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back