OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the humidity and heat from the tank affect your thermostat readings being that the tank is right by it?

Yes... thermostat will be moved once the tank is ready for corals and I need the light.

fredjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supper nice tank man. I just order the Reefer 350 deluxe and hour ago. Can't wait to get it up and running.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So mr reefer u believe the thermostat will be effected? Nice one by the way I like those ones.

My tank will be like two feet from my thermostat so I'm hopeing for the best

Great thread

Justin

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So mr reefer u believe the thermostat will be effected? Nice one by the way I like those ones.

My tank will be like two feet from my thermostat so I'm hopeing for the best

Great thread

Justin

Not a 100% sure yet but Im sure it will. The vent from the fixture is on the opposite side so all the hot air will be coming out from the left side, about 5 feet from the thermostat so thats a +. Once the tank is ready for corals and I need the light I will just monitor the thermostat. Moving it shouldn't be hard at all.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Loving this already!

sithrico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the humidity and heat from the tank affect your thermostat readings being that the tank is right by it?
I was thinking the same thing when I noticed that. It looks really cool right there though. Someone will walk in and be like "OOOhhh what do that do" You say. "Controls the A/C" in a calm voice. Then a face palm. Hahaha.

sithrico

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a sneak peak as to what the sump area is beginning to look like.

Reefer 525XL -2-20-2017
by Reefer525XL, on Flickr
Your manifold is clean. I was thinking of a setup like that for my build. It's all in my head. Now if I do that people are going to think I copied. Do you know is the return pipe to the tank bulkhead the same size for the Reefer 250. What size pipe did you use to hard plumb it to the tank? Haven't really found an answer yet. Man, your sump is going to look so nice. I'm following.

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking the same thing when I noticed that. It looks really cool right there though. Someone will walk in and be like "OOOhhh what do that do" You say. "Controls the A/C" in a calm voice. Then a face palm. Hahaha.

Haha that would be hilarious

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your manifold is clean. I was thinking of a setup like that for my build. It's all in my head. Now if I do that people are going to think I copied. Do you know is the return pipe to the tank bulkhead the same size for the Reefer 250. What size pipe did you use to hard plumb it to the tank? Haven't really found an answer yet. Man, your sump is going to look so nice. I'm following.

Given the limited amount of room in these tank there aren't many ways to hard plumb them so a lot of people use this method all thanks to @Broadfield

For mine I used 1" pipe but needed a 3/4" to 1" male adapter to connect the manifold to the Red Sea return. I'm not sure if they all use the same size fittings but @pelphrey can help with that since he has a 250.

You can also give Red Sea a call, they have been very help every time I've called. 1 (888) 733-7329

OP
OP
Reefer525XL

Reefer525XL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much has happened in the last few days... Being sick as a dog really doesn't help so the build has been put on hold. I received my under cabinet LED light today and since I was feeling a little bit better I decided to get it mounted and will tidy up all the wiring tomorrow. Oh I did get the tank filled on Friday and luckily there was only a small drip coming out of the drain pipe. A simple 1/4" turn fix the leak. I then added Fritz RPM salt so its official, we got a Saltwater tank again!! :)

#reef2reef, #worldwidecorals, #mywwccontest

Reefer 525XL -2-27-2017
by Reefer525XL, on Flickr

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back