We all have that head honcho in "Our" tank..

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think we all can agree as much as we would love to be the bosses of our tanks we really aren't [emoji30].
Once those fish enter that tank. It is now theirs.
So who has gone into YOUR tank and has made it THEIRS.
For me I have trio.
First in command is "bowser" the yellow tang. If he doesn't like you, it's going to be a rough few weeks.
IMG_4453.JPG

But if somehow you get on his good graces then you have to deal with "Picasso" the exquisite wrasse. Who doesn't care how old or new you are you will get flashed at least ten times a day lol
IMG_4449.JPG

And last but not least we have "Pyro" the red fin fairy wrasse. Who has recently started to make his name known in the tank. I think it's because I've added a female solarensis but that's just me lol
IMG_4451.JPG

These three guys have definitely locked their spots in the tank. And as bad as I want to flush them sometimes I love them.
So I would love to know who runs the roost in all your tanks and do you regret buying them at all?

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is also a yellow tang. As they mature they get more territorial. Bullied a Bangaii to death a couple months ago. He was a rescue when I first got him so I feel like I can't get rid of him.

OP
OP
eliramos

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is also a yellow tang. As they mature they get more territorial. Bullied a Bangaii to death a couple months ago. He was a rescue when I first got him so I feel like I can't get rid of him.

Lol exactly, my tang was the 1st fish of my upgrade he's the jerk that's for sure but I had a chance to get rid of him the other day he was literally in the net and I just couldn't [emoji23]
I feel like no one can take care of him like me lol

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was basically missing his dorsal fin, almost dead from being chewed on by a trigger. And starved because he'd stopped eating. Had him for 2 years now and just can't get rid of him even though he's awful to the other fish.

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had a 55 gallon, it was definitely my clown pair... They owned the whole tank, and would harass any newcomer.

Once I upgraded to a 6' tank, they owned about 1/4 of the tank, and as long as you stayed away from their corner, you were okay...

OP
OP
eliramos

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had a 55 gallon, it was definitely my clown pair... They owned the whole tank, and would harass any newcomer.

Once I upgraded to a 6' tank, they owned about 1/4 of the tank, and as long as you stayed away from their corner, you were okay...

I was helping clean my uncles tank the other day and I have never been bit by a fish before. They get nasty lol

AcroNem

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was helping clean my uncles tank the other day and I have never been bit by a fish before. They get nasty lol

My female clown in my pair will always bite me when I'm vaccing the sand near their nems, but I always just chalk it up to her keeping me away from their eggs.

Jack Eskay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm one of the few lucky ones that doesn't have that problem. My chevron tang will is definantly in charge but doesn't do much. He bothered He's been best friends with my flame angel and clown

OP
OP
eliramos

eliramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm one of the few lucky ones that doesn't have that problem. My chevron tang will is definantly in charge but doesn't do much. He bothered He's been best friends with my flame angel and clown

I would love a chevron but my yellow tang wouldn't have it. Gotta upgrade soon lol

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Regal Angel and Flame Tang. My Tang still harasses my FoxFace even after being stung:confused:

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost got a pair!! But I was lucky right when she was about to bag them I said something about a wrasse I have and she put them back in and said no they are not for you lol!
Mine are fine with everything that is currently in there (including a leopard wrasse)....but I will never be able to add any new fish as long as they are in there. You can tell everybody else in the tank steers clear of both of them lol.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Currently mine is my Yellow Belly Regal Tang. But that will change real soon! ;)

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is a clarkii name Bozo and there is nothing funny about him;)

tcampbell23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The three bosses of my tank:
1)Orange Shoulder
2)Powder Blue
3) Yellow

In that order. However, my female clown will attack me feverishly while I'm scraping the glass
IMG_8864.JPG

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back