Webcam Support on MyGHL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's talk webcams!

Even though Webcam support has been out for some time now, we've received several questions on how to set it up, and a request for models that are confirmed working.

Many webcams will work, the primary requirement will be streaming via http.

If you have a webcam, and have access to the stream URL of it, you can enter it into either GCC, which will automatically populate the MyGHL webcam field, or just enter it direct in MyGHL.

• GCC -> System -> <Select P3 base unit> -> Webserver -> Enter URL into Webcam Address box.
  • MyGHL -> Enter your unit, on the Dashboard, click on WebCam-URL and enter the stream URL.

Valid URL's will looks similar to this:

webcam-gcc.png

upload_2016-8-4_0-29-9.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Support@GHLUSA

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a webcam, and would like to add it to the list of webcam's that has been found to work, feel free to post it up. We'll try to keep a community sourced list of cameras that work. As always, webcams are 3rd party devices, and if a 3rd party makes changes to their device via firmware, it may break existing usage models.

List:
Cisco WCV210 (Sample Stream URL)
Dlink DCS-5222L
Foscam FI9826P (Sample Stream URL)

Please let us know if you find other cameras that work, find work arounds and instructions for specific models you're working with.

Last edited:

davyboy1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic idea as i been looking to do this myself, thankyou for the info :) would love to know how to do the Mysite page as well but cant find any templates to work from.

OP
OP
Support@GHLUSA

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fantastic idea as i been looking to do this myself, thankyou for the info :) would love to know how to do the Mysite page as well but cant find any templates to work from.
Dave - Let us know what camera you came up with, and how it work.
Regarding the MySite - HTM/HTML coding and placeholders/tokens for the system items (sensors, outlets, illumination channels). I'll create a walk through for that as well... I may be able to get to that this weekend. :)

davyboy1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be ordering the Foscam 9826 as everyone is saying this is the best one to use will let you know how I get one.

Have you managed to sort out a Mysite htm thread yet Marco? :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Loving these tutorials and informational posts!

slief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the Cisco WCV210 mentioned above working on myghl and also have a Foscam 9821P working on myghl.

First, you will want to update to the latest firmware so do that first.

There are two steps needed to fetch the MJPEG URL stream.

Step 1: Set one of the streams to MJPEG.

As the current chipset on the 9821P supports two H.264 streams (Mainstream and Substream), you need to set one of the streams to an MJPEG stream, After you set one of the streams to an MJPEG stream, you can add the stream to myghl using an HTTP URL.

Here is an example how to set one stream to an MJPEG stream. You need to enter this into your web browser and hit enter. This must be done from the some network that your camera is connected to.
Copy and paste this into your browser and hit enter.
http://ip address:cameraport#/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=setSubStreamFormat&format=1&usr=admin&pwd=

When inputting this URL and pushing "Enter" in your browser, it will return the following result:

<CGI_Result>
<result>0</result>
</CGI_Result>

Step 2: After setting the MJPEG stream, it can be fetched using an HTTP URL. Simply replace the IP address with your dynamic dns address or gateway address. Note, Foscam has the ability to provide dynamix dns support directly through the web cam's management interface. Also replace port username, and password into the above with the your web cams port number and your webcams username and password.

http://ip address:cameraport#/cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=Username&pwd=xxx

Last edited:
OP
OP
Support@GHLUSA

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bump. Do you have a model of webcam not yet listed? Let's get it added.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to decide which webcam to purchase.. bump!

rc1626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to set up a webcam in GCC for the P4 like the P3 above with the webserver tab? Or is it just through MyGHL for the P4? I do not see it at this time.
Thanks.

OP
OP
Support@GHLUSA

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Natedogg559 - Most cameras these days have vendor apps that allow quicker, simpler and more secure setup than the legacy way of having to port forward and make the device public web accessible.
IMHO you're better served with a camera such as Nest, UBNT, or other plethora of vendors that offer "cloud" or app based camera solutions.

Natedogg559

Nathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Natedogg559 - Most cameras these days have vendor apps that allow quicker, simpler and more secure setup than the legacy way of having to port forward and make the device public web accessible.
IMHO you're better served with a camera such as Nest, UBNT, or other plethora of vendors that offer "cloud" or app based camera solutions.
Thanks Marco. I am a Nest user, so i'll stick with those.

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way to connect a nest or some other camera you recommended above to my ghl?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back