What are Green Button Paly's Worth?

jimmert33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard so many conflicting numbers and was wondering what in general people see them priced at? Thanks!

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a very vague description , some exhibit polychromatic color and amazing structure , we would have to see them to understand if they are plain ol fodder or something ultra, most likely though they are like Josh said except for enjoyment not worth anything

danschoenherr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had some nice looking morphs but they can be very invasive and will not have them in my upcoming system. I usually sell very cheap if it is a colony on a separate rock, but only with warning buyer how fast they can spread.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so funny everyone says they're worthless. At the local frag shows i sell out of these everytime at $10 for a plug, rock, thermometer lol or whatever they will grow on.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's so funny everyone says they're worthless. At the local frag shows i sell out of these everytime at $10 for a plug, rock, thermometer lol or whatever they will grow on.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) That said I would warn people if it is an aggressive grower.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i go to your local frag show i think i would make 1 million dollars hahaha

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I remember when I first started looking into corals, I saw button polyps as a cool looking coral that would grow fast and easy.
Covered bare rock and prevented algae from growing.
Some have intense green coloring with a interesting pattern.
I bought some then, 27 years ago.

Now all I see is a insidious pest that never really seems to go away.

Last edited:

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder :) That said I would warn people if it is an aggressive grower.
Oh i tell everyone to keep it away from main rocks. Of course pretty much all zoas & palys would eventually take over all rocks of given enough time.

The only worst thing imo is monti caps, will eventually shade out everything else including zoas.

Rarend99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly think it depends on the crowd. For new people to the hobby they're worth 10-15 but people that have been around a while wouldn't even look twice at them

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back