OP
DracoKat

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of wrasses.. and I find my Leopard and Yellow Coris kick up sand. I am going to see how they do at stirring the sand, but I feel like they stay in the same area, their sleeping areas.

Sealion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 tangs, a sail fin (who is very pretty) a yellow and a scopus. They all like to swim around and pick at the rocks. The sail fin loves macro algae from the sump, the scopus will eat some as well.

MamaLovesHerReefTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a yellow tang, sail fin tang, pygmy angel, cleaner wrasse, cleaner shrimp and two sandsifting gobies. They can make a bit of a mess with the sand but mostly near their burrow. Could watch them for hours. Wouldn't recommend a lawnmower blennie as they are very hard to get them to eat anything.

ReeferReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
75 is fine for a sailfin, reccomended size anyways. Kole tangs as well. There are a few actually
I see most people suggesting much larger tanks for sailfin tangs but I have not owned one so I am not authority.

On OPs topic, My foxface is a good algae eater and my starry blenny picks at film algae mostly. We should keep in mind that adding fish to do work in the tank isn't the solution to algae problems although it can help. Typically tasks that fish do will have to complimented by our own work, like manual removal of algae. My foxface will eat GHA but only if it is very short, so I need to pull all of it by hand and he will take care of the roots.

klp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kole Tang will be picking at algae non stop on rocks all day long. Had one in a 90. It was a non stop worker and never bothered any of my smaller fish.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+ whatever number to the diamond goby. The only mistake I made was adding it to an eight to nine year old tank. For a couple months I battled a super spike in nitrates and phosphates while it totally rearranged the sandbed in my tank. Now it's settled down.

If you want nice and white clean sand, get a diamond goby. The only other warning is that you can't keep frags on the sandbed....the little bugger will cover them up. A real workhorse!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back