What did I just buy?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg! It's giant! I had no idea it would be so big rofl!

Pear for scale (no bananas in the house)

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1448.JPG
BAHAHAHAHAHA
BREAK OUT THE BIG GUNS!!!!!!
(or send it to me;))

OP
OP
Jofiel

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
/browses craigslist for tank upgrades...

dangit, I can't afford anything till after the new year but found a GORGEOUS 75 gallon 4'x2'x16" set up....

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
/browses craigslist for tank upgrades...

dang, I can't afford anything till after the new year but found a GORGEOUS 75 gallon 4'x2'x16" set up....
You are a reefer. Bought light. Now searching for tank for said light:D

Plug that bad boy in. Id love to see the spread! Itll also tell you the best fit for a tank.

ksc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will just have to hang it high. Thanks for the link, I just picked one of the 50watt ones off of Amazon. I'll put my par meter under it and give you some numbers.
Well I hooked the light up. It didn't come with any paperwork or even a plug on the end of the cord. It put out around 450 par 12 inches from the bulb, 120 par 24" away from the bulb (through the air). If you wanted it to light a deep tank you'd need the reflector they recommended. I got blinded looking at it from the side while holding the sensor in front of it.

OP
OP
Jofiel

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I hooked the light up. It didn't come with any paperwork or even a plug on the end of the cord. It put out around 450 par 12 inches from the bulb, 120 par 24" away from the bulb (through the air). If you wanted it to light a deep tank you'd need the reflector they recommended. I got blinded looking at it from the side while holding the sensor in front of it.

Odd that the par readings are so far off what is on the specs they have posted on their website. To be honest though I'm kind of glad, I'd like a shallow reef for my next tank and was hoping to still incorporate this light.

I haven't powered mine up because it has no plug. I have a friend visiting this weekend who knows electrical stuff so I was going to ask him to do it.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool!
Odd that the par readings are so far off
JBJ
:mad:

lol

OP
OP
Jofiel

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Jofiel

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe...

I'm not letting myself get excited until I hear back though.

I have seen this tank listed on craigslist for a while and it was on ebay a couple of times too.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 24 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 62 79.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back