What Do You Find The Most Challenging About This Hobby?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most simple thing SG.

I am can not read a refractometer to save my life (bi-focals), I do not trust hydrometers and I am having a hard time investing in a Milwaukee. The end result is I am always double checking and triple checking the refractometer against two hydrometers, yeah a little neurotic I know.

Other than that, not spending money on Acropora.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I am can not read a refractometer to save my life (bi-focals), I do not trust hydrometers and I am having a hard time investing in a Milwaukee. The end result is I am always double checking and triple checking the refractometer against two hydrometers, yeah a little neurotic I know.

The Acropora part is very true for me[emoji274][emoji274]

Jmas4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The most hardest is testing I need to test all four of my tanks lol it takes 2 hours!:mad:

Then it would have to be algae problems. Once it takes place very hard to remove. Eg. Bryopis

Russ265

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
water tests? no problem.
algae? psshh

image.jpg

how to frag zoas 3ft down without a snorkel.....

chomoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been said a few times, but whoever can come out with monitoring for nitrates, phopsphates, calcium, and alkalinity will make I killing.

If anyone's close and about to start a Kickstarter on that, please take my money!

michellejy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dealing with algae. I remember it from cycling my tank nearly 8 years ago, but looking at that ugliness in a new tank again is aggravating.

Also, if there was some sort of solution to kill all of the bad stuff on corals instantly. I don't have a coral quarantine, and the idea of introducing a parasite to my fish via coral is terrifying.

Sgt Jonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biggest Challenge??? Convincing my wife not to freak out every time I buy something new for my tank. Wait till I tell her I want to upgrade to a bigger tank!!!!!

smh254

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been said a few times, but whoever can come out with monitoring for nitrates, phopsphates, calcium, and alkalinity will make I killing.

If anyone's close and about to start a Kickstarter on that, please take my money!
Check this out if it ever gets released and works it would be awesome.

briancarterkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I only have single focus glasses and had the same problem. Finally I found that if I just take my glasses off I can focus the refractometer such that I can read it. No one else can with how I focus it, but I'm the only one that uses it...

kgeig001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquascaping...getting those rocks just perfect!

You finally got it, you did it, what a great feeling! You're so proud of this piece of rock art work staring back at you that you just want to jump for joy...and then one day as you're walking out the door you glance over at your beauty and think to yourself, you know...that one rock would look better a little bit over to the right. You grab that piece and then all hell breaks loose... Rock Avalanche! You then spend the rest of the afternoon trying to get everything back to how it originally was, which never ever happens!

Last edited:
Back