What do YOU want to know?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there all! So we've had a few great ideas presented on info to add to the stickies and info threads. So I figured I'd start a thread for ideas from you all on what is missing from them. I want to know what details you feel are missing on the procedures and medications that we have here. Is there something in how to treat a disease that you need more detail on? Details on how to dose a medication? Which one? Let me have it! While we can and will answer those questions here, we want to know what we can improve on in the stickies to better help you and all the new members that may find a need for them. As ideas are presented, we'll make notes of it and add them to the appropriate areas for quicker reference.

Thanks all!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great idea!

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say we have a topic or a sticky called "Yes-No".

Like if I have a question that requires just a yes or no answer instead of starting a full-size topic or thread.

Here are some examples:

"Can I mix medication A with medication B?" That question would require just a simple yes or no without having to be explained.

"If Stability is frozen solid is it still usable"? Yes or no?

"Is Popeye contagious?" Yes or no.

I think you get my drift. [emoji57]

The reason I bring this up is because sometimes I have a question but don't really need to start a conversation about it so I won't even ask. I wouldn't be surprised if others felt the same way.

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great idea! Anybody else? I know you guys have questions... this whole part of the forum is full of them. Lay them out! Anything you think should be added to the info stickies. Something you saw that was missed... anything you want more info on and at the ready.

Joey waid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say we have a topic or a sticky called "Yes-No".

Like if I have a question that requires just a yes or no answer instead of starting a full-size topic or thread.

Here are some examples:

"Can I mix medication A with medication B?" That question would require just a simple yes or no without having to be explained.

"If Stability is frozen solid is it still usable"? Yes or no?

"Is Popeye contagious?" Yes or no.

I think you get my drift. [emoji57]

The reason I bring this up is because sometimes I have a question but don't really need to start a conversation about it so I won't even ask. I wouldn't be surprised if others felt the same way.
It would be real nice, but there is always somebody on here that would want to over talk someone and make them feel like they are knowledge less...

jenreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One comprehensive list of all resources that are available in and around this forum. Things like hitchhiker guide from lionfish and other resources that are frequently used by aquarists. There are so many good stickies at the top of most forums, but unless I am unaware, no central place to go look for resources.

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about if we add the correct dosages on the different copper products? And a formula to know exactly how much to dose per gallon to get to the recommended levels? Would that be helpful to add to the Copper sticky?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One comprehensive list of all resources that are available in and around this forum. Things like hitchhiker guide from lionfish and other resources that are frequently used by aquarists. There are so many good stickies at the top of most forums, but unless I am unaware, no central place to go look for resources.

I've been slowly working on expanding both of these:

Fish Disease Index

Treatment Options Index

Josett Waid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not too sure if there's something on here already addressing this but I guess I'll go with it anyway but I've always had questions in my head about what fish are more tolerant of copper and what others aren't. Like wrasses and puffers.
I guess maybe there could be something for others out there with questions on "what is best for my certain type of fish", because some fish can't take to copper well while they can be fine with CP. I don't know just a thought..

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about if we add the correct dosages on the different copper products? And a formula to know exactly how much to dose per gallon to get to the recommended levels? Would that be helpful to add to the Copper sticky?
This is a wonderful idea because we don't always follow the instructions on the copper products (dosage and timing especially). Also the correct copper testing kit for the different brands and the correct way to check for ammonia. But I'm pretty sure that info is mentioned already. We need a simple-to-read list; kinda like a cheat-sheet. :)

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a wonderful idea because we don't always follow the instructions on the copper products (dosage and timing especially). Also the correct copper testing kit for the different brands and the correct way to check for ammonia. But I'm pretty sure that info is mentioned already. We need a simple-to-read list; kinda like a cheat-sheet. :)

Actually you are right! Here's the info for the copper kits : types of copper and their therapeutic ranges. Ammonia should always be read what the heck the alert badge
http://reef2reef.com/threads/copper-test-kits.257924/

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be real nice, but there is always somebody on here that would want to over talk someone and make them feel like they are knowledge less...
We would need to stick with hard-core facts and not opinion. Such as "Can we mix ammonia reducer with copper?" The factual answer to that is "NO". Nobody should argue with that. If only there is a way our Experts could make a sticky that nobody else can modify (just for Reference Material). Kinda like a book; you can read it, but you can't edit it.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's something else that would be cool to have for reference:

microscopic images of the different types of parasites (the most common ones like ich thermonts, flukes, brook slime, worms, etc.)

I've been meaning to do this for quite some time.

Empress

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's another one: wow I'm full of ideas today.

We need a list on how long a medication or poison is rendered effective in the water column.

For example: if Kanaplex was dosed today as prescribed in the package, how long would it take before it is no longer working? This is without changing the water or adding carbon or other media.

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super awesome suggestions! I'm making a list so we can work on it together and keep track of what we've done already. This is going really well so far! Keep them coming guys!

OP
OP
melypr1985

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@melypr1985 Lock this thread now! These people are creating all sorts of work for the fish disease forum crew. :p

LOL! Boy I just handed out shovels and they are digging away huh? It's going to turn out awesome though.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 38 82.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back