OP
OP
trevorspencer94

trevorspencer94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love all the answers you all have given! It's awesome to see so many different people loving different things for different reasons! Some fish I have seen people mention that I REALLY want to try out eventually, blue leopard wrasse, and white tail bristle tooth tang, also a black tang would be sweet but that's just a dream right? Idk about spending $1k+ on a fish for me personally [emoji15] lol, the dream would be a tank with a pair of black and white Ocellaris clowns, a black tang, and a bangai cardinal or 2 or 3, be kind of like a black tie affair tank theme for the fish!

michellejy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love all the answers you all have given! It's awesome to see so many different people loving different things for different reasons! Some fish I have seen people mention that I REALLY want to try out eventually, blue leopard wrasse, and white tail bristle tooth tang, also a black tang would be sweet but that's just a dream right? Idk about spending $1k+ on a fish for me personally [emoji15] lol, the dream would be a tank with a pair of black and white Ocellaris clowns, a black tang, and a bangai cardinal or 2 or 3, be kind of like a black tie affair tank theme for the fish!

LOL, it is funny you say this. When my 120 gallon started leaking, I had to give up my bigger fish and just keep a handful of small ones in my 30 gallon former quarantine tank. I ended up with a pair of black and white ocellaris, a pair of Bangaii cardinals, and a pair of black and white chromis. My husband said, "with all of the colorful saltwater fish, you end up with a monochrome tank."

Susan Bates

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ruby Red Dragonet was in pretty bad shape when I brought him home. He eats everything now.

I have a female on hold at a LFS to introduce after QT.

20151220_165840_zpsoenbnmlp.jpg
wow...I haven't seen one like that, I have a Harlequin, beautiful

Lynn52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite fish I didn't even buy. A few months ago I received an extremely small yellow belly hippo tang. I never wanted any kind of hippo tang. She was barely half an inch when she came and had hardly any color. Now she is double that size and starting to get the dark blue and black markings. She has so much personality.
IMG_3035.JPG

The other fish I really am happy I bought is my Lamark's Angel. She has beautiful markings and the white has a very iridescent look to it.

Pamela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love my orange stripe prawn goby. He's just the cutest little guy, propping himself up on his tiny "elbows" and observing everything around him. He's also a very pretty boy, the colors of an orange creamcicle with his black spot fan on his back.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never been much of a fish person, usually just kept a pair of clowns and the rest inverts and corals.

Got a Rabbit Fish last year, boy he/she is a character. Still think Horse Face is a better name though.

Pamela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our Banggai Cardinals, they are so exotic and graceful
I've read that Bangaii Cardinals will pick each other off until there is only one left, or a mated pair. Has this been your experience, or do you have a successful group of them? I love the way they look and am strongly considering one or more of them as I stock my aquarium.

michellejy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've read that Bangaii Cardinals will pick each other off until there is only one left, or a mated pair. Has this been your experience, or do you have a successful group of them? I love the way they look and am strongly considering one or more of them as I stock my aquarium.

I had a bonded pair. There actually is a way to tell their sex, so as long as you choose a male and female, you should be fine. I don't know about keeping a group though since I never tried that.

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept a group in a 120. 3 males 1 female. There where a few skirmishes but nothing life-threatening. They won't school when they are adults though. Each male had his area and the female made her rounds.

Pamela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bonded pair. There actually is a way to tell their sex, so as long as you choose a male and female, you should be fine. I don't know about keeping a group though since I never tried that.
Thanks for your response! So, how do you tell the males & females apart? In dummy terms?

Pamela

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept a group in a 120. 3 males 1 female. There where a few skirmishes but nothing life-threatening. They won't school when they are adults though. Each male had his area and the female made her rounds.
Thank you, also, for your response. Can you tell me how to tell the males & females apart? I really like the looks of these fish and would love to put a pair on my wish list.

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, also, for your response. Can you tell me how to tell the males & females apart? I really like the looks of these fish and would love to put a pair on my wish list.
Vent is different. You can only see it on adults and you will likely need a magnifying glass lol.

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To bring this back on topic. I am glad I bought my green banded gobies. I had a 120 and was told by everyone I would never see these fish. I think I saw more of these guys natural behavior than any other fish I have owned.

michellejy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To bring this back on topic. I am glad I bought my green banded gobies. I had a 120 and was told by everyone I would never see these fish. I think I saw more of these guys natural behavior than any other fish I have owned.

Hmmm...I really strongly considered getting some of these but ended up with Yashas instead. I'm not sure they would happily share a space in my tiny cube, unfortunately.

Tehreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gold head sleeper goby. A first I was kinda wary due to covering everything in sand that wasn't a few inches off the sand bed, but I adapted to its behavior and is a great fish for keeping the sand bed clean and cool to watch. My coris wrasse even follows it around looking thru the sand for treats as it gets sifted out. It evens eats frozen foods.

Turtlegirlb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have three and they do not fight at all, very laid back fish showing no aggression. We got three after researching it may help us achieve a mated pair however I think we may have three of the same sex due to no mating nor aggression.

Turtlegirlb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have three that do great together. They each have their own spot in the tank they spend most of their time and are voracious eaters!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back