What fish to get next?

lakes1985

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have a betta 680 fishtank 75 gallon, have about 20kg live rock and about 3 inches of sand. Currently have cuc and red scooter blenny, 2 clownfish 1 chromi 1 skunk shrimp. Promised the son a royal gramma next but what after? Really like six line wrasse & gobys also would love a flame angel

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is a reef tank then a flame angel can be kind of fit or miss because they are known to peck at corals (some people have them and they never have any problems)
I shrimp gobie pair would be really cool :) You can find some really cool pairs out there and they are fun to watch.
Six line wrasses can sometimes be aggressive so if you were to get one I would recommend adding it last. There are also some other wrasses that are really cool that you could put in a 75 gallon tank.
You could also get a pygmy angel or an african flame back angel. They don't get as big as flame angels and they do not peck at corals.

Hope this helps :)

OP
OP
lakes1985

lakes1985

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of them but will Def look at them thanks

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look on Liveaquariua.com, they are having a sale on african flame back angel's. They are only $45 dollars and they are normally $65. I am eventually going to get one but I am planning on adding mine last (you don't have to add him last because your tank is bigger and they aren't that aggressive) I am just adding mine last because I have a 29 and I don't want to take any risks :)

OP
OP
lakes1985

lakes1985

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Ireland , I looked them up and think there a very nice fish but it says they may nip at corals

Baby Ray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Ireland , I looked them up and think there a very nice fish but it says they may nip at corals

Oh cool!!!!! I have always wanted to go to Ireland.
Some people might have problems with them pecking at corals but I have never heard of or seen it. My LFS gets them in all the time and they put them in their reef tanks and I have never seen them peck at anything ( although there is always a chance). I would say that if you keep him well fed then you should have no problems and if you do get one try to get one that came out of a reef tank and watch him to see he pecks at anything. Sometimes I will just watch a fish ever time I go to the store for a month before I buy him because I want to make sure that everything is ok

Jodie Sokel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 110 gallon tank. I have had no problems with my flame angel nipping my coral but he's definitely bossy. Every time I add a new fish, he has to make sure they know who's in charge.

OP
OP
lakes1985

lakes1985

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potters angel is nice and already have a blenny can I keep another blenny? Very keen on a flame angel to be honest but think il add him last for the exact reasons jodie has said.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any angel, except those in the genus Genicanthus is a risk to nip corals, not all do, but individuals in any species pose that risk.

Sixlines can get quite nasty, some better behaved options include possum weasses, pink streak wrasse, yellow coris, and melanurus.

A royal gramma would work well and benefit from being added before the wrasse and angel.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back