What I did on my Summer Vacation...

Sazarac

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the sort of thing I had nightmares about at school. Reading in front of the class, and being the "new kid". Now here I am again! :rolleyes:

Oh well. Heh heh

I've kept quite a few fresh water tanks in my time, had a whole room full at one time, but this is my first foray into salt. I currently have a biocube 29 which has been up an running for about a year now.

I was pretty hesitant about saltwater but so far it's has been a real kick. I told myself starting out I'd wait to get any corals. Well, THAT didn't last long! Now all I have ARE corals! Well, I do have some snails and 3 sexy shrimp. But I seem to have skipped the whole fish thing! I've also jumped in with both feet and have done several mods to the tank. Les' see, hum, the only think left stock are the lights, and a lighting upgrade is looking pretty definite at this point!

The corals in the tank at this time are the garden variety 'shrooms, candy canes, one lil frogspawn and a GPS. My very first online purchase of a mixed zoa "frag pack" should be arriving next week.

I've gotten immense enjoyment from the bc, but I wonder...each time I look at it, I think there is ONE more thing I need, ONE more thing I can change, a LOT more room for corals...does it EVER end? Or am I doomed? :marv

Saz

OP
OP
Sazarac

Sazarac

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AA

Yeah, I was afraid of that! It was never quite like this with fresh water. Every time I picked up a new piece of life rock, I was like a kid with a box of Cracker Jacks. What am I gonna get THIS time! :p I don't think I'm ready for Aquariums Anonymous yet though. I do not have a problem. I do not have a problem....heh

Saz

Sounds like a growing addiction!!! just like the rest of us, so your in good company.
Kathy

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Saz welcome to R2R! Great to have you aboard!

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. And no, it never ends. Coral is an addiction. My hobby turned into a business. We need CAA, Coral Addicts Anonymous. :)

OP
OP
Sazarac

Sazarac

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank envy

If you are asking for a photo of my setup, I dunno, I've been looking at quite a few, and I'm pretty envious! My camera is really basic and I can't get any good close shots. I COULD buy a new camera, but then I'd have to NOT buy new livestock. And THAT isn't gonna happen!
:-s knowhatImean? But I'll see what I can do.

Are there going to be any CAA meeting anytime soon?...someone brew some coffee, it's going to be a long night...sigh.

Saz

Welcome Saz. Click a pic of the tank and let us see.

OP
OP
Sazarac

Sazarac

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo op

OK, here is my tank the day after I completely rearranged the rockwork in time for my new arrivals!

The pink candy cane is still pouting from being tumbled over several times.
The 'shrooms seem happy enough.
I'm nursing the red candy cane and frogspawn from the brink of death
(pet store rescues)
Otherwise everyone seems to be doing well since the move.

The ricordia is causing me to pull my hair out though.
I've had it over 6 months (have to check the log),
and it hasn't grown a bit! I feed it mysis, which it eats, but no growth.
I just added selcon to the feeding schedule since I got it for the sick guys.
I try not to move anything around, but I can't seem to find a spot it likes.
Same with the frogspawn. grrrr

Any ideas? I'll post a "before" photo later on.

Saz

Attachments

• sazBC29.jpg
    sazBC29.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 175
OP
OP
Sazarac

Sazarac

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yawn

EEeeeeZZzzzzz boring compare to the many I have seen here and in other forums! Thanks though. Right now it looks pretty empty, but I'm patient. I'll have some questions about zoas that I'll post in another thread.

Saz

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back