What is the best way to ship bubble tip anemones??

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really sure, [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG] might know better than I.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as a fish but with a bit more water, IMO. Two day shipping usually suffices for them as well. Make sure the bag is held in one place so the anemone doesn't get stuck in an area that subjects it to a lot of air. In short you don't want it moving a lot. Add live fish stickers and what not

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ship like a fish, lots of water. I also suggest putting it inside a plastic cup so it doesnt move around and less likely to get smashed in the bag.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hold the bag open and quickly grab the top of the bag amd twist. That will trap enough to fill the bag. It might take a couple tries depending on the bag size but you'll get it haha

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I have never shipped any anemones --- but have had plenty shipped to me. :)

While weight is going to be a cost concern, the more water the better*. Would use at least 3 bags, with alternating the openings. Meaning, first bag opens up, second opens down, third opens up. Should help keep water in the bags if the box ends up upside down.
Put the bag in a styrofoam box (( within a cardboard box )) with lots of packing peanuts to keep the bag upright. Might want to line the styrofoam box with plastic.
Use appropriate cold/hot packs.
Would go for overnight shipping.

* --- While I have never received an anemone shipped this way, I have heard of shipping them "dry". Basically no water, just a sponge or towel to keep them moist. The idea is that there is less water left inside the anemone to foul. Not sure of the track record, but can understand the thoughts behind it.

ETA --- sorry for the late reply -- just put the house on the market and have been spending time getting the place ready.

Swip

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We ship them in a 1 litre plastic bucket thats complety filled with water. In my experience the oxygen in the water is enough and that way there is no splashing around.

Bryce Peterson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my first rbt from Petco. They put it in a bag with no water and told me anemones need to ship dry so they won't poison themselves. It didn't survive the 1 hour trip home. Petco wouldn't warrenty it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back