What is the fish you regret putting in your tank the most?

KoleTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a Dottyback of some sorts, that's all we knew about it. Dottybacks are suppose to be peaceful community fish. This fish was the spawn of Satan! After years of not knowing, I came across a Google photo title "Royal Devil Dottyback", low and behold, it was my fish!!! Its a Palawan Labracinus cyclophthalmus aka Royal Devil, Fire-tail Devil, LOL.

I've never heard of dottybacks being peaceful fish.

indyjaco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bartlett Anthias.

The male chases anything that moves when he starts to show off.

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sixline wrasse for sure. Mine was completely psycho. Would've torn himself to shreds if he could've got a hold of em. Had a crew of damsels that wreaked havoc. Oh yeah, and when I just started was crazy/ignorant enough (it was a long time ago) to throw a picasso trigger in my mixed reef tank. That didn't work out well.

Last edited:

TriggerThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame Angel

Bought him from another reefer with a beautiful reef tank that was being shut down. Supposedly never touched anything.

He was fine in my tank for three months, then the pecking began... Wouldn't ever eat or kill anything. Just nipped the corals constantly making them retract. Causing all the corals to be retracted all the time.

Took 5 months to catch him. One of the most beautiful fish I've seen.
I threw a party the day we caught him.
u3ery4ab.jpg

jesterisdead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue/yellow tail damsels. Have three of them and want them out badly. Horrible fish and want to feed them to my carpet if I can ever catch them....

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tribal blenny
He finally went into a hole I plugged it with my finger and pulled the whole rock out breaking a bunch of sps but I was so happy to get it out .....

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a Tribal Blenny for over three years. It's around 5 inches long. Always has been a perfect fish. ? What did yours do that was bad?

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Neon Damsel that is now ready for his trip to the LFS. Fish totally tore up my sand bed. Causing my rock to shift, nitrate spike and cyano :( All fixed but what a pita!

kv2wr1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Miniatus grouper. The only fish he gets along with are a porcupine puffer and a sargassum trigger. I can't put anything else in the tank without him trying to kill it. Maybe an Undulate trigger, but that would be WWIII. He'll get white tiger stripes when he gets angry. I've tried the mirror trick and that just gets him more belligerent.

The picture below is not mine, but just for reference to show the "tiger stripes" that I'm talking about.

large_9248_Miniatus.jpg

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike j he chomped at the base of my sps removing tissue
I really like my Tribal Blenny (Casper). I hope it doesn't start doing that! It's solid black with a clear tail. It only gets the blue markings when it's stressed, which is never, or after the lights go out it gets a little blue. It won't put up with much, it even took on the Powder Blue when I first introduced it. Being 5 - 6 inches long, it's the largest fish in the tank besides the PBT.

mandinga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every six line I've ever had was very hospitable community fish.

But before this crazy thing called the internet, I put a lunar wrasse in a 100gal reef only to watch him devour hundreds of dollars worth of prized inverts.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I added 6 chromis about 4 years ago. 5 are still left and have gotten big and mean.

Elchicano

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Foxface had been in the tank for a year. Never touched any corals. Purchased an awesome elegance coral. A week later the picking began. I took him out and put him in the sump. It went all down hill. Coral never recovered and died. :(
esu8uve8.jpg

clownfitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I wish I read this thread before adding the little sixline devil wrasse a few months ago. Small in stature but large in attitude. I have considered dynamite but can't get licensed...

dave9905

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last aquarium I had a nice rose anemone so I added a small gold stripe maroon clown who ended up being the devil. He was not much bigger than an inch but killed everything until I finally caught him and donated him to my lfs

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 154 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 27.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 88 35.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.7%
Back