What is the fish you regret putting in your tank the most?

ferchb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I bought my tank it came with 3 convict damsels and a neon damsel. I don't know what they were thinking and I didn't know enough getting into the hobby to know what I was getting into. If the stripes weren't attacking each other they were teaming up on the neon.

Florida reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a beautiful flame angel. It was great until i put a bad *** maximus clam in. He ate it! After that, he turned into a little butthole. Started dominating every fish I put in, except for sailfin tang. The expensive one with the spots on its face, what do you call those again, desjardeeny or something?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flameback angel. One of the safest of dwarf angels I was told.......ate an acan and would have destroyed my duncan if I hadn't trapped him and removed his sorry carcus.

jordan banks

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a beautiful flame angel. It was great until i put a bad *** maximus clam in. He ate it! After that, he turned into a little butthole. Started dominating every fish I put in, except for sailfin tang. The expensive one with the spots on its face, what do you call those again, desjardeeny or something?

Lol, just the way you wrote that. Sorry for your loss

Sully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If we have to stick to fish it would be a Bicolor Dottyback. (Mean sucker).
Getting out of fish it would be Coral Banded Shrimp.

I had to lol at this one. Fish for me is yellow tailed blue damsel. Had to tear the tank apart to get him out.

The CBS though might have been the biggest terror ever! It absolutely would go crazy on corals (everything) stealing food right out of the mouths at feeding time.

Girlsfish2

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cinnamon clown for sure, bit my hand every time I cleaned the tank. After 3 years of dealing with the smiley faced bite marks I finally caught him and have him to the lfs.

Oliver94

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bicolor dottyback !! Killed all my firefish,didn't leave them since day 1.. He always enjoy hitting my clowns,which will hit him back,and sometimes follow my chromis also.And the worst part of the story is that it is really hard to take him out.. still trying without removing all the LR

Last edited:

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Domino Damsel

She killed her partner and now she leaves everyone alone except for my anthias ... She keeps the males under the rocks.

TankCrasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purcula Clown....I've had Occ., Flame, and Tomato clowns and had them posture up but never bite. This little SOB will get me every **** time. He/She has even gone air bound to try and get me while feeding. Hate that little *********. If it wasn't for my 5yr old loving it, I would have bought a lion fish just for satifaction.

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my fairy wrasse mean as the day is long.i can not add any this with the same body shape he has killed all my other wrasses except my six line

KaneH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Matron clownfish and yellow tail damsel. Maroon would harass mates and the damsel would bite me when I wasn't looking.

Karen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am too new to the hobby to have horror stories like those but I did find this well worth reading. Things to keep in mind before I buy some tank mates for my firefish.

Sent from my iPad using REEF2REEF

fishroomlady

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sergeant major damsel. Bought two as little guys years ago in my FOWLR. Well, by the time they got bigger, they were vicious! I did have to tear my whole tank apart and remove all live rock to catch them. I'm sorry to say I was using very bad language during this process and had to ask my youngest to leave the room. I was soaking wet and it was a bad "tank" day that's for sure!

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cherub Angel from HeLL! He doesn't touch the corals but kills fish with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
I had a cherub Angel for well over a year until my open brains began to decline.Fortunately they recovered after he was removed.This involved removing most of the corals and live rock.I am also a reluctant owner of a puffer that eats SPS and a yellow damsel who wants a piece of me.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
:bump:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back