What is the fish you regret putting in your tank the most?

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fish but a green serpent star that could reach out and touch any fish it wanted in a flash. Became a sump dweller so it could bat clean up. Could not believe how fast that brittle star was.

Roy 9121

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had a fish i regretted, but i have a PJ cardinal right now that's kind of grumpy, and chases my other PJ around a little. Nothing major though.

lou dog420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue hippo that caused an ich outbreak that killed everything but my yellow tang. The yellow tang seems to be bullet proof, but he does spend a lot of time with his best buddy the cleaner shrimp now!!

Nowell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bicolor Blenny. Fine for several days and then started picking at a blue tort and maxima clam. Went in his hole in a bomme tower. Pulled tower out, placed it into a 5 gallon with an inch of water and waited until I heard the splash. Then back to the LFS.

Larry Stewart

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have known the Six line Wrasse to be a real pain in a few of my set ups. Since I've started the hobby back in 2004 this fish stands true as an aggressive opportunist. They have to be one of the last tank mates or else it will harass newcomers. My two pennies.

- Larry

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More of a love hate thing with my Melanurus. I love that he's very active and all over the tank and colorful. I hate that I can't add Peppermints or Nudi's to take care of Aptasia because of him.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Butterfly pyramids :-( awesome gorgeous fish but they brought ich which eventually led to the wipeout of my entire tank :-( still recovering

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several years ago I rescued a maroon clown. Wife fell in love with her, and before I knew it had me talked into getting her a nem and then a mate. Big mistake. I could live with them attacking my hand, but between them knocking over coral frags & their nem shifting from time to time - has cost me hundreds in corals. About 1/3 of my 150 gal DT is "off limits" to new corals because of them.

I think I speak for the whole reef community (tell me if I'm wrong) but we'd like to see some pix, personally I love love love maroon clownfish, they've got so much personality imo, so yeah back to business, we want pix

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I speak for the whole reef community (tell me if I'm wrong) but we'd like to see some pix, personally I love love love maroon clownfish, they've got so much personality imo, so yeah back to business, we want pix

They've since been rehomed, but below are a couple pics of when I had them in a 150 gal mixed reef.

100_9629_zpsdf098a07.jpg

*Evil* Maroon clowns have the Pygmy Cherub surrounded... :mad:

100_2405_zps4ce0d9df.jpg

Chanjad385

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Relatively new to the game although my female Maroon clown can be a diva at times

Recently purchased a yellow tail wrasse and for the first day she kept harassing him

Stopped now as she realised he was more interested in looking for food than dominating the tank.

I hope the clown doesn't bother any new additions

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Black domino damsel!!!!!my son loves damsels so I got him a baby one for his first 2.5 gallon tank where it lived for 6 months and stayed very small since we fed lightly. well his little brother dumped the tank while I was at work and my wife scooped up the fish and put it in my display here it tripled in size within 2 months and now it's freaking huge with a very bad attitude and surprisingly smart. I have a 150 gallon display with 7 fish and most of them are small but everthing i add gets harassed and it's the only fish I can't catch but I will get him one day and his new home will be the predator tank with triggers and eels at a pet store near me and that will be priceless

Jisko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For SW id say my clarkii and as for FW i have a gourami that has killed everything put with it.. it now lives in a fluval evo in the guest room haha

meir

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For SW id say my clarkii and as for FW i have a gourami that has killed everything put with it.. it now lives in a fluval evo in the guest room haha

That's just plain evil, putting a murderous gourami in the guest room...what, you trying to kill them too[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji6][emoji849][emoji849]

Harleybronco67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12" niger trigger he's a beautiful fish but attacks my fingers anytime I'm doing maintenance in the tank plus can't add anything new he destroys it

IMG_2736.JPG

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gold head sand sifting goby. He was an absolute terrorist that killed a great maxima clam and most of my acans by swimming to the top of the tank and dropping his mouthful of sand everywhere :mad:
He is rehomed in someone else's FOWLR where they think the sand shoe is neat. :rolleyes:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back