OP
OP
terri_ann

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally, treatment 3 in today. Furan 2 as the Kanaplex still hasn't been shipped....what a crock as I ordered it days ago:mad:

I think I will do more treatments depending on how the eye looks. Its better but not good/healed yet. I hope he will keep his sight!!

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really doesn't look like popeye. Looks like a wound that got infected. Hopefully the antibiotics will get it.

OP
OP
terri_ann

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I hadn't ever seen popeye that looked like that either. Whatever it is, I'm treating it as good as I can;) I think it will live as he's eating every feeding now:D I pray that he will be able to see through that eye! If he gets to where I can snap another pic, I'll post it tomorrow!

OP
OP
terri_ann

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's today's picture of the eye
20170107_100031.jpg

OP
OP
terri_ann

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two treatments are done. WC and running GAC now. I cannot tell how the eye is...My eyes are old. Can anyone tell if the eye is still there? Should I consider the treatments over?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pictures are upside down, but the eyes look like they are getting better but still not completely healed. Could just be that they are upside down though.

OP
OP
terri_ann

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome on both accounts. I can tell the eye is damaged but not specifically. Thank you for your eyes[emoji6]. For the most part, it isn't hiding like it was. Haven't been able to tell yet if it can see out of it. I'm sure it will be okay/live as it's eating good and pretty much getting into the feeding frenzy for each meal! Thanks so much for your help!!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look better but still kinda swollen. Have you dosed Epsom salt (1 tablespoon per 5 gallons) to help ease the swelling?

OP
OP
terri_ann

terri_ann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the delay everyone. The Banghaii did lose her eye.;Nurse However, I am so happy that she continues to thrive in the tank! She has adapted very well:D She continues to be the mandarin's sidekick but just not as much as she had over these years. I'm also happy to see that none of the other fish have tried to harass her:p

Thank you all for your help with her treatment!! She is here today as a testament to your help and support!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear your finned friend is still with us, but sorry to hear she lost an eye. :(

I've had more than a few fish lose an eye (for various reasons) over the years, and most still live long, happy lives. :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back