What is this?!?!?!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would need macro shots to see the nudibranch eggs. This is what they look like (not my image)

nudieggs.jpg

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those zoas appear to be attached to the rock. I'd be very reluctant dipping those in any coral dip.

If dipping the entire rock was last resort, I'd then put that rock in it's own small QT tank and do total water changes every day to make sure all the dip leached back out of the rock.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would echo same concern. It's likely a spa eating nudi. Use Twizzer to remove any of the adult one you can spot. Do a dip, to cleanse the rock. Be thorough on making sure dip does not leach on display tank. Either keep the rock separate on qt, or do multiple rinse with fresh saltwater, after dipping.
It is likely you have bought a coral that is harvested from ocean floor, not aqua cultured. This is a common problem with such corals. I have learned this hard way. It's safer to get aquaculture corals in frag plug, even if they are small colony (couple of polyps).
If you do end up seeing more nudis (check zoas heads at night. They'll be there. Or check if zoas spas are stayibgn closed)., use flatworm exit. Or wrasse. It's easier to control them when they are detected early.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back