What is wrong in this world?

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A dog with his nose and ears cut off in Detroit, another with his ears cut off in Turkey after losing a dog fight. We on R2R work so hard to take care of the animals we take responsibility for. We even have this forum to help us provide the best of care. My dogs go to the vet at least once a year, if something comes up even sooner, and I try to give them the best home. My animals never go without a meal, have good shelter from weather and always sleep inside. It really makes me angry that people take these beautiful creatures for granted and torture them. I don't have a solution for this, but I would like to catch someone doing these terrible thing to a defenseless animal and make it their last. Thanks for letting me vent!

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It makes me tear up just thinking about people abusing their dogs. All they want to be is loved... why is that so hard !?! Even if life has beaten you down and you are in a bad place in life, your dog is the one that will always be there for you! I just don't get it.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It makes me tear up just thinking about people abusing their dogs. All they want to be is loved... why is that so hard !?! Even if life has beaten you down and you are in a bad place in life, your dog is the one that will always be there for you! I just don't get it.

This is truly sickening, I agree 100% with you.

Because they're sociopaths or psychopaths and the only thing the find joy in is power.

This is factual.

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Humanity . We Humans are capable of such wonderful things,Yet capable of terrible cruelty. we are the top predator that ever existed on Earth . If we go to far Mother Nature will take care of us.

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My buddy just saved a shar pei a few months ago. The family had more than enough means to care for the dog. They got it when it was a puppy, and put her outside permanently in a small chain linked kennel for "jumping" on one of their kids. It was severely malnourished(talking less than half the weight she should have been) b/c they were still feeding her w/ a puppy sized bowl. Her tail was a bloody mess because the outdoor kennel was so small she was wagging her tail hoping to get some attention when her "family" would pass by and it was beating it against the chain links.

It astounds me when I hear people get a puppy and don't expect it to be a wild animal until you take the effort to train it, and give it the attention (both mental and physical) to keep it from doing silly things like jumping on folks when they get excited. He trained her (oh, and has a kid - the jumping was a non-issue after training...duh) -- needless to say she has a good home now where she is treated like man's best friend.

Maddlesrain

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely abhor those who mistreat animals. I just don't understand it.

One of our dogs, a black German shepherd, also came from a family who simply didn't want to take the initiative and responsibility of owning a dog. This dog was bred in the Czech Republic, trained to be a professional police/ protection dog, and will take commands in 3 different languages... and rather than treat this awesome dog with the respect he deserves they kept him crated nearly every hour of the day, in the garage, even when it was snowing outside, and finally decided to just give him to us because they 'couldn't deal with him anymore.' They'd never done a single thing to attempt to get to know this poor dog. They were unhappy with the most ridiculous things: 1. He wouldn't wait politely for you to walk through the door first after a walk. 2. He got sick in his crate once because of anxiety.

The worst thing is that after they gave him over to us, they went and got another dog. Makes me sick. Animals are expendable, they're a little being.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd think I'd lose it if I came upon someone abusing an animal. They'd have 6' and 250lbs of fury coming down on them.
I can watch a movie with the body count climbing and don't care, but if an animal is hurt or killed that's when I get upset.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 70 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back