What kind of algae is this?

TikiBird

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would anyone please be able to take a look at this greenish-brownish algae that grows in spots on my glass and tell me what type it is?

So far I've just been scrubbing it but it comes back so fast! Within a couple of days it's all over the glass again.

I have a trocchus snail who I never see eating it, a tuxedo urchin who sometimes eats it, and a lawnmower blenny who sometimes eats it, but it's still all over the glass.

The tank does get a lot of light, since it's near a big window with no coverings yet.... [emoji15]

IMG_7012.JPG

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If its hard to scrape off, a green coralline algae, or another type of more calcareous algae.
Mine pops up rarely, and not as much as when I started the bigger tank.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@saltyfilmfolks, I just used the steel-ended scraper and it was uh-mazing!! It's like looking at my tank in high-def. LOL Now I can see all the hair algae on my rocks crystal clear! [emoji23]
hahahaha. If you'd like Ill send you a frag of Bryopsis:p

Pugfishluv3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 36 59.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back