What LED lights for 140g 72" long tank

cdmckinzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my hubby and I are shopping for equipment to start our first tank. We will be adding soft corals first but not for awhile and then will be working up to lps and sps so it will be a FOWLR at first. We are quite tight on money so we want the least expensive but we still like the ability to have the sunrise/set and storm settings. Can someone please tell us what lights are very inexpensive but still decent lights that will fit a 72" long tank, even if we have to get multiples. We can NOT afford $1000 lights. Thank you for your input!

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend getting an curren USA orbit marine ic loop led 72 inch strip and then moving up from there. They are more than capable to grow softies as well keep some lps alive. The ic loop retails for $319.99 on saltwateraquarium.com and it has a controller as well as wifi app controllability. It has dawn, dusk, lighting, clouds, you name it. So for the cheapest way to cover your entire tank and also grow coral would be that.

OP
OP
cdmckinzie

cdmckinzie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much, we'd been looking at the currents but we keep hearing about black box Chinese that were really cheap but all I could find didn't look well made. I really appreciate I ate your help :)

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much, we'd been looking at the currents but we keep hearing about black box Chinese that were really cheap but all I could find didn't look well made. I really appreciate I ate your help :)

They are on sale right now! At marine depot. Check them out.

Back